• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the Middle Aged Childless on this Forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Middle Aged Childless on this Forum

I don't have kids. And I'm at an age where I'm probably not going to bother now.

Which sometimes is sad.

But then I look at things in a different way and think I've dodged a bullet. Like today; I was in the centre of Bristol and this woman was going completely postal on her other half.

"The child hasn't eaten and all you want to do is look at pathetic records!!!!"

It stopped the street.

And these were no chavs but she could loosely be described, from her appearance and demeanour, as a hairy armpitted feminazi. Poor bastard. There are some fekking psychos out there.

Fortunately I neve married one myself...

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I don't have kids. And I'm at an age where I'm probably not going to bother now.

Which sometimes is sad.

But then I look at things in a different way and think I've dodged a bullet. Like today; I was in the centre of Bristol and this woman was going completely postal on her other half.

"The child hasn't eaten and all you want to do is look at pathetic records!!!!"

It stopped the street.

And these were no chavs but she could loosely be described, from her appearance and demeanour, as a hairy armpitted feminazi. Poor bastard. There are some fekking psychos out there.

Fortunately I neve married one myself...
    Well you know she may have had a point - some blokes are fuukin useless.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Well you know she may have had a point - some blokes are fuukin useless.
      PM to Brillo. One of your ex-wives has logged in as Original PM.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Which sometimes is sad.

"The child hasn't eaten and all you want to do is look at pathetic records!!!!" ..
        Pretty misguided of her to complain about that. I mean researching your family tree is an inexpensive hobby.

Imagine what she would have said if he collected Faberge eggs or even Swiss watches!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I do have kids - but they're all grown up. Best of both worlds.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I do have kids - but they're all grown up. Best of both worlds.
            Thats surprising. From the way you moderate this forum, I'd assumed you were about 12.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              PM to Brillo. One of your ex-wives has logged in as Original PM.
              Nah it was me - his ex wife has her hands (and mouth) full.....

Comment

I too am child free and very happy with my choice. I don't see myself as "childless" which implies something negative, like a lost opportunity.

I also never married, live alone, and enjoy my life knowing that the only person who has the suffer the fall out of my mistakes is me.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I too am child free and very happy with my choice. I don't see myself as "childless" which implies something negative, like a lost opportunity.

I also never married, live alone, and enjoy my life knowing that the only person who has the suffer the fall out of my mistakes is me.
                  And knowing that my kids (well, not mine exactly) will be paying for your pension and upkeep in your old age.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    And knowing that my kids (well, not mine exactly) will be paying for your pension and upkeep in your old age.
                    She's a single contractor with no kids.

Kerching!

Comment

Working...
                    X