• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prison Riots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prison Riots

Should we just shoot them or do they have a valid reason for complaining?

Send in the Daleks!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Should we just shoot them or do they have a valid reason for complaining?
      The prisoners, the officers, or the government?

Comment

I heard a con or ex-con on the radio the other day, I thought he had something of a point re the cumulative effect of issues -
        no hot water, fine
        no hot water for 5 days, less fine
        no hot water for 5 days and then summat breaks in the kitchen so there's no hot food, even less fine
        all that plus staff shortages so you can't get out of your cell for exercise/library/shanking a nonce, still worse
        all that plus the new guards were working in Asda 2 months ago and aren't really up to the job, riot time

So, I thought he had a point there. Anyway, shooting's too good for 'em.

Comment

Stick them all on an island in the Outer Hebrides and let them get on with it. Add some cameras and you've got the next Channel 4 prime time TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
            Stick them all on an island in the Outer Hebrides and let them get on with it. Add some cameras and you've got the next Channel 4 prime time TV show.
            https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/241904...ovsky-siberia/

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Send in the Daleks!
              Feck orff we're busy

Comment

at £50k/year each even if we put up £10k a year for each prisoner we would make significant savings.

I think its time to replace the prisons with automated supermaxes. Cut the cost and isolate them from each and the outside. Sell off the old prisons as accommodation.

Currently they can get phones & drugs so we aren't doing a great job.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  at £50k/year each even if we put up £10k a year for each prisoner we would make significant savings.

I think its time to replace the prisons with automated supermaxes. Cut the cost and isolate them from each and the outside. Sell off the old prisons as accommodation.

Currently they can get phones & drugs so we aren't doing a great job.
                  Can't we just shoot them all in the face, or isn't that very PC these days?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Can't we just shoot them all in the face, or isn't that very PC these days?
                    only if you are in the Philippines
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X