• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A bacon sandwich could kill you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bacon sandwich could kill you

Man jailed for leaving bacon sandwiched outside a mosque is found dead in prison half way through his 12 month sentence | Daily Mail Online

I once dropped a saveloy outside a synagogue. Luckily no one noticed.

It didn't help Millipede.

Comment

Bacon was tied to the door handles and sandwiches made of raw meat and sliced white bread were left at the entrance, in what was described in court by the judge as an 'an attack on England'.
      It certainly was. How dare anyone treat our lovely bacon in this way?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I always wonder what these imbeciles think they're achieving, other than making themselves look like dicks. Muslims aren't forbidden from handling bacon, they're just not supposed to eat it. So putting it on a doorhandle is just a waste of bacon

And I wonder if his family think it was a battlefield worth dying on.

Comment

Much as the Daily Mail would love us to assume it, nothing in the article AFAICS says this was a revenge killing by muslim convicts.

(although that's not to say it wasn't - I wonder if we'll be told if in the event it was)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Much as the Daily Mail would love us to assume it
            As there is not the slightest hint of that in the articles I think that needs to be rephrased as "Much as lefties love to assume that the Daily Mail would love us to assume it"
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Much as the Daily Mail would love us to assume it, nothing in the article AFAICS says this was a revenge killing by muslim convicts.

(although that's not to say it wasn't - I wonder if we'll be told if in the event it was)
              There isn't anything at all in the article to suggest such a thing, so I'm not sure why you say the Mail wants people to think that.

In fact, for the Mail, it's remarkably restrained and purely factual in its approach. Wonders will never cease. (Or they'll rewrite it to be more inflammatory later.)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                As there is not the slightest hint of that in the articles I think that needs to be rephrased as "Much as lefties love to assume that the Daily Mail would love us to assume it"
                Ah Xoggoth. You are perfect clickbait fodder. Not even aware it is clickbait!

The BBC headline just has the innocuous "Bacon on mosque offender dies in prison". The Mail has the inflammatory "Man jailed for leaving a bacon sandwich outside a mosque is found dead in prison halfway through his 12-month sentence". You see the difference?

Me either...

Comment

No relevant difference.

How does that headline imply, or suggest it wanted people to think, it was a revenge killing by Muslim convicts?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    No relevant difference.

How does that headline imply, or suggest it wanted people to think, it was a revenge killing by Muslim convicts?
                    I think it's along the lines of: it's the Mail.

Comment

Working...
                    X