• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That should help Paris stay competitive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...never been able to check work emails unless I'm on the client's network & as I normally work in secure role, this isn't something I going to be able to do from home.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Yes they work less hours, retire earlier, take more time off and have a two hour lunch break with a bottle of red wine. And yet still manage to be more productive than the UK workforce. Must be something in that.
      Work smart not hard. I think laws that stop your company being able to 'own you' are good. If we had them then there'd be an 'understanding' in the City that you 'voluntarily' chose to keep your phone on at all times though.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
        Stopped checking my emails out of hours a few years a go. Much happier person
        I stopped checking mine during work hours as well. Makes a massive difference to productivity.

I check them once at the start of the day, once just after lunch, then once about an hour before I want to finish.

Comment

Working...
        X