• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Screw that, worm.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw that, worm.

The Special Brand of Horror that is the New World Screwworm - Body Horrors

Lovely.

And the obligatory DM tale:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...G-MAGGOTS.html

I am shocked that the Wail failed to inform us of the price of her house or her mother's abode.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 6 January 2017, 14:34.

So the woman discovered a maggot had migrated inside her head and was living off her.

DM really slipping up these days.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Screw that, worm.

So if they were eating her brains, that means they were stealing her intelligence and resulting in her dumbing down.

(The Express will probably point out that Di has maggots in her head too )
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

SFW

BrainDead Trailer (Trailer #1 - "Politics With a Twist&#34 - IMDb
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I can't even look at that link.

Yeuurrghhh.

I'm so squeamish I even wince at that andrex ad where those horrible kids ask people how clean they feel after they've wiped.

TMI!

What's wrong with the puppy?

They used to have a pickled tapeworm in a jar in the biology lab of my old school.

Gave me nightmarea that did.

To think that women used to purposely catch one to stay slim. Shudder...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The Victorian slimming aid: tapeworm egg in a "pill".

Though there is some evidence that hookworm infection is effective in reducing allergies.
            I once had ringworm.

Yes, really.

But it's not actually a worm - it's a fungal infection that can be contracted when one has frequent contact with cows. As I once did.

There wasn't much too it really, just a couple of welts on my face.

I thought I had leprosy so I went to the Dr who told me I didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
              I once had ringworm.

Yes, really.

But it's not actually a worm - it's a fungal infection that can be contracted when one has frequent contact with cows. As I once did.

There wasn't much too it really, just a couple of welts on my face.

I thought I had leprosy so I went to the Dr who told me I didn't
              Its coming back apparently. Mini Miss V had it.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Its coming back apparently. Mini Miss V had it.
                You in a rural area or live in a place where there's a lot of goatherders?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

You in a rural area or live in a place where there's a lot of goatherders?
                  Not really, not much exposure to cows or Goats. Either its one of the city farms or she caught it from someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Not really, not much exposure to cows or Goats. Either its one of the city farms or she caught it from someone else.
                    Well I don't seem to recall it being among the more unpleasant ailments I've contracted over the years. Bit of ointment and it was gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X