• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next stage, unisex changing rooms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next stage, unisex changing rooms

2017-01-10 Swiss Muslim girls must learn to swim with boys, court rules

Switzerland has won a case at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) obliging Muslim parents to send their children to mixed swimming lessons.

It said authorities were justified in giving precedence to enforcing "the full school curriculum" and the children's "successful integration" into society. ...
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Successful integration????

Half of them don't want to integrate.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

And thus denying the child the right to learn, its not the child's fault the Parents follow a specific religion, the Parents will just not bother sending them.

Would people have the same opinion if the headline said Catholics, Jews, Blacks, Pikey's were being forced to take lessons against their parents beliefs

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        And thus denying the child the right to learn, its not the child's fault the Parents follow a specific religion, the Parents will just not bother sending them.

Would people have the same opinion if the headline said Catholics, Jews, Blacks, Pikey's were being forced to take lessons against their parents beliefs
        Christians have been sued for not making cakes for gays or refusing to let them stay in their hotels despite it being against their beliefs. Not sure where you're going with your point though....
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Christians have been sued for not making cakes for gays or refusing to let them stay in their hotels despite it being against their beliefs. Not sure where you're going with your point though....
          Exactly, people should not be forced to do things against what they believe in they are forcing the child/parents (the cakemaker) to go against what they believe in.

On this occasion it is just penalising the child who probably couldn't care less about religion and just wants to go swimming but knows their parents will now not let them

Comment

Next step: cross-breeding.

Comment

Successful integration????

Half of them don't want to integrate.
              Do we need 52% of them to not want to integrate to be able to speak for everyone?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                Exactly, people should not be forced to do things against what they believe in they are forcing the child/parents (the cakemaker) to go against what they believe in.

On this occasion it is just penalising the child who probably couldn't care less about religion and just wants to go swimming but knows their parents will now not let them
                I'm all for freedom of choice, kid's shouldn't be forced to attend a class they or their parents disapprove of, conversely the school shouldn't have to put on an alternative to cater for a small minority

remember in school, we were studying a book in Eng Lit about witches, but one of the kids was a Jeovah's witness so his parents didn't want him reading the book as it went against their beliefs, which was fine he just studied a different book but had to complete the same homework / exams

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                  I'm all for freedom of choice, kid's shouldn't be forced to attend a class they or their parents disapprove of, conversely the school shouldn't have to put on an alternative to cater for a small minority

remember in school, we were studying a book in Eng Lit about witches, but one of the kids was a Jeovah's witness so his parents didn't want him reading the book as it went against their beliefs, which was fine he just studied a different book but had to complete the same homework / exams
                  I'm guessing he didn't do too well on the witches test...

Comment

I'm guessing he didn't do too well on the witches test...
                    not sure he was there for the exam, he got hit by a car and was in intensive care for months

guessing that was purely a coincidence

Comment

Working...
                    X