• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feck me it's windy !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck me it's windy !!

In Guernsey, in a hotel room facing the sea. All I can hear is the wind whistling and even with the fecking windows closed the curtains and blowing & there's a cold draft in the room & I don't think it's even started yet!!!

Edit : damnit. Just seen a cow fly past the window and a women on a bike.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Looks like there's a strong West North Westerly wind :

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren...4.15,43.18,336

I'd hate to be in the Shetland Islands right now, as the wind there is coming directly from the North Pole!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      In Guernsey, in a hotel room facing the sea. All I can hear is the wind whistling and even with the fecking windows closed the curtains and blowing & there's a cold draft in the room & I don't think it's even started yet!!!

Snow ahoy!

Batten down those hatches and splice the main brace

MF, you are there for the weekend
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I'd hate to be in the Shetland Islands right now, as the wind there is coming directly from the North Pole!
        Takes me back to my 2-year posting on Unst in the mid 80s.

Used to have to tramp through the snow round the outside of the building with a kettle of boiling water to pour on the outlet pipe in order to empty my sink!!

Mind you, I did develop a taste for Whisky whilst up there, so it wasn't all bad.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Pah, it's windier here. I've just seen a hen lay the same egg twice.

Comment

That's Brexit for you

Comment

Didn't you see the signs....?

Comment

Just seen a cow fly past the window and a women on a bike.
                    Is women taking to their bicycles a well-known indication of bad weather?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X