• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The What's your favourite Jeremy Corbyn policy thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loads more expensive drugs and treatments wanted by increasing numbers of people. The NHS is unsustainable. Boomers will break it.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Already looks broken to me. Always happens when you try to be all things to all men (and women).

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        To me NHS is more important !!!
        But social care is important of course... just in my books NHS is more vital and has a much bigger impact on all the UKers if it goes under.
        What does "goes under" mean exactly? The NHS is the government; it can't fail. They can always print money to fund the NHS if they want.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I think he has a point about nuclear weapons...
          Oh yeah, probably with you on that.

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Be a lot cheaper to stop immigration/health tourism and charge back where we should be.
          Lumping immigration and health tourism as one thing is pretty silly. The latter has a pretty trivial cost in relative terms, the former is a much more complex issue than just cost to the NHS.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The NHS is very unsustainable in its present state. Various governments have used the NHS as a vehicle for garnering votes and winning elections.

The NHS concept is actually very good. The population would be more happy if they have a state funded safety net for their health issues. What needs changing is the issue of funding.

I would say, and Jeremy was actually enthusiastic about this when I last spoke to him, NHS should make the first £250 of any treatment to be self funded. Anything above that is state funded. If you go to the A&E because of a cough, get charged 50 quid. Same for flu, Gonorrhea etc etc. But if its a heart attack or cancer which potentially can cost thousands to treat, you are only paying the first 250.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

So basically the same approach as dentistry. I never understand why they get different rules.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                I would say, and Jeremy was actually enthusiastic about this when I last spoke to him, NHS should make the first £250 of any treatment to be self funded....
                Except for people on low incomes, presumably?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  The NHS is very unsustainable in its present state. Various governments have used the NHS as a vehicle for garnering votes and winning elections.

The NHS concept is actually very good. The population would be more happy if they have a state funded safety net for their health issues. What needs changing is the issue of funding.

I would say, and Jeremy was actually enthusiastic about this when I last spoke to him, NHS should make the first £250 of any treatment to be self funded. Anything above that is state funded. If you go to the A&E because of a cough, get charged 50 quid. Same for flu, Gonorrhea etc etc. But if its a heart attack or cancer which potentially can cost thousands to treat, you are only paying the first 250.
                  And those with infectious diseases won't go. We can't stop our kids being infected by head lice despite nearly nightly hair combing because one or two kids parents don't bother. Just wait till TB etc. start going untreated.

If Health Tourism is a non event make all Visa's conditional on having a valid private health insurance. Everyone should either prove they have rights to treatment or give their insurance details. Those that don't have rights or Insurance should be accounted for. I suspect the £2Billion is the tip of an Iceberg.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Except for people on low incomes, presumably?
                    Again, like dentistry. "Do you pay for your treatments?" is always the first question I'm asked.

Comment

Here's a nice idea which has been submitted by some Momentum persons for a British RT to counter the establishment propaganda

A TV station like RT has been enormous successful in the recent past. However no doubt it does have a pro-Russian bias which is a problem for ordinary common people, who is unable to filter through noises and propagandas.

Comment

Working...
                      X