• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Bregretters?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    How does an independent Scotland fit in with this?
    By moving away from insular and socially insecure people, I should say it speaks volumes that Scotland wishes to remain part of the EU.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      By moving away from insular and socially insecure people, I should say it speaks volumes that Scotland wishes to remain on the gravy train.

FTFY
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Always wanting to hang on to Scotland's money. You guys... what are you like,
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          By moving away from insular and socially insecure people, I should say it speaks volumes that Scotland wishes to remain part of the EU.
          FFS!! People don't GET any more insular and insecure than the SNP.

Thankfully they remain in the minority.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just throwing a curveball into the mix.

Has anyone considered that the endless talk we've been hearing I'd no more than hot air & we'll all be so fed up ultimately that they'll slip a soft Brexit under the radar while nobody's looking?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              It is dividing friendships, relationships, and families.

I do regret the referendum taking place.

On the basis of division generated, I genuinely would prefer that the whole thing had never happened.

It boils down to the fact that my personal views of being a member/not a member of the EU are outweighed by the division and grievances it is causing upon those I care about.
              What a pitiful, petty attitude.

Evidently you'd prefer it if a sovereign or dictator just decided everything for you, so you and your friends and family wouldn't have to worry their little heads over it.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Then don't share your views with those will be upset by them. Me and Mrs K78 voted differently but there is no way we would let that get between us - she hates me for many other things I do. Same with friends, respect each others views and know when to air them and when to keep schtum.
                The same would work well on Internet forums that aren't dedicated to the referendum, but maybe deal with other things, like contractors in the UK.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  Just throwing a curveball into the mix.

Has anyone considered that the endless talk we've been hearing I'd no more than hot air & we'll all be so fed up ultimately that they'll slip a soft Brexit under the radar while nobody's looking?
                  think this will be a tactic that's attempted at some point

I can't quite believe that the powers that be will give up on the EU super state dream quite so easily, a huge propaganda war will continue to be fought for many years pre & post Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    The same would work well on Internet forums that aren't dedicated to the referendum, but maybe deal with other things, like contractors in the UK.
                    spoilsport!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      Then don't share your views with those will be upset by them. Me and Mrs K78 voted differently but there is no way we would let that get between us - she hates me for many other things I do. Same with friends, respect each others views and know when to air them and when to keep schtum.
                      Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      I am very much keeping schtum now with friends and family.
                      Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                      I'm constantly debating with "remainer" friends but as a trend they tend to be far more impassioned, and are probably more judgemental of me voting leave than I would be of them voting remain

I don't question friendships over political allegiances very surprised to hear that others do/would
                      Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      What a pitiful, petty attitude.

Evidently you'd prefer it if a sovereign or dictator just decided everything for you, so you and your friends and family wouldn't have to worry their little heads over it.
                      ...said embittered and lonely Johnny No-mates sitting in his bedsit in Neasden, with only a pot noodle for comfort.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X