• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So what happens if there's a terrible deal at the end of negotiations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    "Brexiteer Journalists" are as thick as p*gsh*t
    Ooo, good save, I was just about to ask whether you'd reconsidered.

Comment

When a politician uses a language that sounds clear, you know the opposite is going to happen....eg

"I will put the UK at the heart of Europe"

Tony Blair

I'm alright Jack

Comment

When a politician uses a language that sounds clear, you know the opposite is going to happen....eg

"I will put the UK at the heart of Europe"

Tony Blair

May I compliment you on your remarkable resilience to the ordinary grieving process? You really are very stubborn.

Comment

"Grieving" isn't quite the word I would use.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

"Grieving" isn't quite the word I would use.

You do know it isn't spelled "Greiving"?
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Another thread of Remnants trying to reassure themselves that it won't happen.

Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

Bless.
                Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

...and Brexit supporters assuming the this isn't an opening negotiating position.

Negotiations means give and take. The opening negotiating positions is

"have cake and eat it" cue applause from Brexiteers.

.....but listen to May carefully "we want avoid a cliff edge " aha so there will be a transitionary deal

What is the difference between a transitionary deal and the "promised land" ?

Simple things will continue as before after 2019.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

Bless.
                    We all know you're not the sharpest tool in the box, but this thread is about what happens if the deal is rejected by one or both of the houses.
                    I would be sorry if there wasn't a hard Brexit after all this
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

No, she wants to avoid cliff edge, that does not mean there will be transitional deal, in fact the only logical outcome is NOT to agree to any such deal from EU point of view - cliff edge for UK means profit for EU and deterrence for future escapees

She will now invoke article 50 and EU will spend next two years stalling - trivial as teo years is nothing for such deals, they won't discuss any future deal until separation is done.

Comment

Working...
                      X