• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Q for Admin - Sub forum for Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very good at creating threads if there aren't any on random tulip. However with the Brexit threads I don't need to.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We managed before. Maybe the forum not being cluttered with Brexit threads will give MORE space for everything else.
      Admin's Law: the amount of irrelevant nonsense and needless abuse expands to fill the forums available

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Brexiters would take delight in sweeping it all under the carpet.
        no we are creating a new and independent super forum where you can have your own flag & anthem. It will be on the front page every day.

Maybe we need to make it like the James O'Brien show on LBC & make Darmy,SAS & NAT moderators so they can cut us off & change our posts to make the forum constantly pro remain.

Maybe it needs a motto : Abandon all ye sense if you voted Brexit or Suckle on the teat of mother Brussels - you decide
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good idea. With the proviso that when Brexit causes broader issues (e.g. IMF bailout, civil war) they can be posted in the main area
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            no we are creating a new and independent super forum where you can have your own flag & anthem. It will be on the front page every day.

Maybe we need to make it like the James O'Brien show on LBC & make Darmy,SAS & NAT moderators so they can cut us off & change our posts to make the forum constantly pro remain.

Maybe it needs a motto : Abandon all ye sense if you voted Brexit or Suckle on the teat of mother Brussels - you decide
            Can't we make it like the Katie Hopkins or Nigel Farage show instead? Then you and GB9 can rant about those who have differing views from you, and complain of media (forum) bias where there is none.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Can't we make it like the Katie Hopkins or Nigel Farage show instead? Then you and GB9 can rant about those who have differing views from you, and complain of media (forum) bias where there is none.
              we could but with certain moderators being staunchly remain its doubtful we would get that.

Also if you want to say bias doesn't exist you probably want to close the BBC, Granuaid, James O'Brien etc before you commit.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Cheers Pondy. I asked the mods to stop merging all the Brexit threads before Xmas I think it was. I think that Brexit is an important thing, potentially a colossal change for us all, and that debate about it is fun. This is history unfolding before our very eyes!

We will see, in the next decade or so, whether sas was right or not, and I would like to be able to revisit his threads to either point and laugh or to congratulate him on his sooth-like abilities without having to trawl through a million posts in the Brexit merged thread.

The sub forum has merit, I will grant you that, dear pondy! That's the kind of outside of the box, lateral, yet joined up blue sky thinking that this place has been missing of late. I miss bunk.

My concern with all of the Brexit threads being in one sub forum is that there will only be two new posts a day in General. Do you feel my pain?

Maybe we should put it to the vote... Shall I add a poll to the thread? Nod once for yes, twice for no and your wish shall be granted.
                I think I'm going to join the Brexit discussions in order to make it more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  I think I'm going to join the Brexit discussions in order to make it more interesting.
                  Hopefully a ban will soon follow.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Very close poll at the moment, 52% v 48%

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                      I think I'm going to join the Brexit discussions in order to make it more even more difficult to understand.

FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X