• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Discussion - Predictions of Britain in a Post Brexit world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever the future holds at least it will be the choices that as a country that we decide on. I'm pretty optimistic for the future.

I work with a few entrepreneurs, wealth creators and they are not down about the future, they see change as positive being natural risk takers.

I would like to see a movement in this country of striving for the best, I think we are in a time when our country needs investment in infrastructure and services. We need to generate wealth and we need to encourage people to create wealth.

I'm positive even though some of you are negative; you are not the leaders or the wealth creators. We are in a great position, we have a long history with many countries around the world that share our language and laws. The UK's soft power is amazing, the influence this country has is frankly amazing, the UK as a brand is incredibly positive.

Stop moaning and do something positive.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I'm positive even though some of you are negative; you are not the leaders or the wealth creators.
      How do you define wealth creating?
      I generated a very healthy 6-figure turnover last year, as I suppose most on this site did.
      Modest maybe, but still wealth creating.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        I predict......

The EU will cave in to access to the single market without freedom of movement for both us and Switzerland...
        Switzerland caved in to the EU*, so your predictions are already proven false.

* Well, not really. The reason being that Switzerland's laws have already got freedom of movement enshrined from previous referendums. The federal government has always (as a body) been against the SVP's proposal, as it directly tries to overturn those previous referendums, which isn't something that can be really done. The compromise reached is that Swiss people will be given priority in areas of high unemployment over EU applicants, for defined periods of time.

A large portion of the cleaning workforce is Portuguese, so sas might fit in very well.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The UK economy will dive there will be a general election that will bring a coalition of labour and lib dems and in 5 years time the UK will be begging to be allowed back into the EU. In the meantime Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal will boom as a result of the rest of the EU economies having joined the EURO. With full control of the economies of Europe the EU will at last be able to set in place social and economic policies that will benefit everyone.

Comment

The EU are clearly going to have a game of chicken with the UK, they'ŕe going to offer a take it or leave it EEA agreement after 2 years and the final deal won't be in sight. If the UK government turn that down, they'll be looking at a severe recession.

I think they will have no choice but to go into the EEA and May will be forced out, enter chaos chapter 2.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              How do you define wealth creating?
              I generated a very healthy 6-figure turnover last year, as I suppose most on this site did.
              Modest maybe, but still wealth creating.
              6-figure turnover is great but still small fry. But it all helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainframe gent View Post
                The UK economy will dive there will be a general election that will bring a coalition of labour and lib dems and in 5 years time the UK will be begging to be allowed back into the EU. In the meantime Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal will boom as a result of the rest of the EU economies having joined the EURO. With full control of the economies of Europe the EU will at last be able to set in place social and economic policies that will benefit everyone.
                Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The EU are clearly going to have a game of chicken with the UK, they'ŕe going to offer a take it or leave it EEA agreement after 2 years and the final deal won't be in sight. If the UK government turn that down, they'll be looking at a severe recession.

I think they will have no choice but to go into the EEA and May will be forced out, enter chaos chapter 2.

Long experience has taught me that disaster and triumph are equally rare events.
                Triumph is off the cards as an option.
                So the most likely outcome is slow stagnation and a faster decline to 2nd rate-ness.
                But there is a possibility of disaster.
                And those of us who are wise have planned/will plan for it.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mainframe gent View Post
                  I think the only way for the EU to boom is if political control is moved almost entirely from the individual nation states. At the moment it's too difficult to make any real decisions. You will then find that some states within the EU will prosper others won't but without much they can do about it.

I'm a bit concerned about the EU having a military that actually can do something, Germany just has a habit of ******* up when you give them a military.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

The EURO will be implemented across the whole of the EU which will bring Greece etc out of recession

Comment

I predict we'll spend more money post Brexit. Divorce costs money. And this will be a long divorce, make no mistake. We must find people skilled in trade negotiations. I don't think that's BoJo somehow.

We wish to be an export economy like Germany. I predict that'll not happen overnight. We're lacking engineers, scientists and long-term infrastructure planing.

To attract STEM we'll need wage increases and certainly affordable housing. In the face of an ageing population we're going to find ourselves poorer with reduced living standards.

On a positive note in the decades to come the older brexit voting generation will have died off and the younger folks will have been made to earn a living through competition on the world stage. If they've any sense they'll move to the continent to study and work.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X