• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving a club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    One of the points is that before the vote a number of us in here were concerned that if the vote went to exit then the powers that be in EU would chuck dummies, toys and whatever else they could find out of the pram.

And then turn around and blame the UK for the fact the dummy, toys etc were now on the floor and not in the pram.

And looks like we called it right.
    Links?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Leaving a club

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Links?
      https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...?client=safari

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...?client=safari
      Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 23 January 2017, 19:07.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Yes, Britain voted for Brexit, Britain needs to pay the price for it. Where is that throwing toys out of a pram?

You want to buy a car, you have to pay for it. You want to pay less for it, you need to negotiate.
        You want to leave a club, leave it. You want to leave a club but then say the club is being nasty for saying "OK, go", then you're not very good at negotiating, you poor ickle snowflake.

Comment

One of the points is that before the vote a number of us in here were concerned that if the vote went to exit then the powers that be in EU would chuck dummies, toys and whatever else they could find out of the pram.

And then turn around and blame the UK for the fact the dummy, toys etc were now on the floor and not in the pram.

And looks like we called it right.

If I understood you are talking about a concern raised here.

But the problem is not the toys coming from the UK. The problem you should raise is: This is a business and I'm (as a member) not going to buy your toys if I found cheapest toys from China (oh I'm sorry this was a mistake) I mean from France for example. But if you join the market as an external member offering cheaper toys than France, I could eventually buy yours.
          Last edited by Bee; 23 January 2017, 19:46.

Comment

I decided to cancel my gym membership.

But I can still use the gym and all its facilities in full - just on "less favourable" terms. I'm not stuck to a long term contract I can't get out of, for starters. I just pay to go when I want to - the other gym members aren't being hostile about it, the gym themselves are happy too. And if I want to use a different gym, no problem - much more flexibility for me.

(Better totty at the other gym, but not all the equipment is as good).
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Links?
              Alternative Facts, innit? We are no living in an age where you can say want you want and even if it's utter bollocks it's still true otherwise they'll throw their toys out of the pram, snowflakes the lot of 'em...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Links?
                We are living them.

Comment

We are living them.
                  You mean we are living with the results of the vote in the referendum, and some who voted to leave are now trying to shirk the responsibility for their actions by passing the blame on to others?

You either have to accept the responsibility for your actions and learn to live with them, or be a snowflake. Which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                    I decided to cancel my gym membership.

But I can still use the gym and all its facilities in full - just on "less favourable" terms. I'm not stuck to a long term contract I can't get out of, for starters. I just pay to go when I want to - the other gym members aren't being hostile about it, the gym themselves are happy too. And if I want to use a different gym, no problem - much more flexibility for me.

(Better totty at the other gym, but not all the equipment is as good).
                    The bouncers at the biggest best gym say NEIN

Comment

some who voted to leave are now trying to shirk the responsibility for their actions by passing the blame on to others?
                      The "blame" for what exactly?

The whole process is progressing in much the way I expected it to. And I suspect that is the view of most Brexiters.

The only ones playing a "blame game" are those remainers that pigheadedly refuse to acknowledge and accept the result.

Bunch of snowflakes the lot of them.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X