• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clubbing a leaver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Alternative as in those that you don't agree with?
    "Alternative facts" are opinions.

And you can disagree with other people's opinions.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      "Alternative facts" are opinions.

And you can disagree with other people's opinions.
      No you can't because Liberals will call you racist.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

No you can't because Liberals will call you racist.
        SEXIST!
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What is perceived as "leftist" has certainly changed in my lifetime.

Back in the 70s you could not tell a Labour Party election leaflet from a National Front one apart from the racist stuff in the latter. Labour back then was against the EU, against globalism and foreign ownership of companies. It saw its task as protecting and improving the lot of the British working man.

Nowadays, it is the left which, in pursuit of their often absurd visions of a united world, continually show contempt for our ordinary working people. They are seen as too stupid and uneducated to make any choices about the direction of their own nation.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Back in the 70s you could not tell a Labour Party election leaflet from a National Front one apart from the racist stuff in the latter. Labour back then was against the EU, against globalism and foreign ownership of companies. It saw its task as protecting and improving the lot of the British working man.

Nowadays, it is the left which, in pursuit of their often absurd visions of a united world, continually show contempt for our ordinary working people. They are seen as too stupid and uneducated to make any choices about the direction of their own nation.
            Very well put.

How many who voted remain were the children of parents who voted exit and spent a huge part of their savings to get the kids through university to help them get a better career.

Only to see them turn into arrogant idiots who think at the age of 23 they know it all.

And work at McDonald's.

Comment

A lot of that is that the New Labour/Old Labour split has seen a lot of the leftie luvvy types realising that only a centrist, populist left is electable. That comes with the Europhiles and everything that you've said about these so-called intellectuals. Power for the sake of power, rather than being true to their roots, which is one of the very few things that I admire comrade Corbyn for.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Although in the 60's it was the other way around wasn't it?

They actually did a worse one in 1964 and it was also part of their manifesto but I wouldn't want to post it here...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Although in the 60's it was the other way around wasn't it?

They actually did a worse one in 1964 and it was also part of their manifesto but I wouldn't want to post it here...
                  Was it as bad as the 1936 Berlin games?

Comment

Was it as bad as the 1936 Berlin games?
                    Worse actually....
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

and 50 years on

Labour has secretly suspended 50 members for anti-Semitic and racist comments

Labour has secretly suspended 50 of its members over anti-Semitic and racist comments as officials struggle to cope with the crisis engulfing the party.

Senior sources reveal that Labour's compliance unit has been swamped by the influx of hard-left supporters following Jeremy Corbyn's election.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X