UK/US trade deal that cuts tariffs and allows workers to move between the US and UK UK/US trade deal that cuts tariffs and allows workers to move between the US and UK - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 40 of 40

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Might be a good opportunity to get to work and live in California. Better than a bedsit in Birmingham.
    If you like sitting in traffic jams for a couple of hours to get two and from work, and ensuring you have a credit card with enough money to pay your air fare back to the UK if you have a serious illness.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    More money - maybe, but better? How many Michelin Star restaurants around San Francisco? Less than within 5 mile radius from my posh bedsit
    More sunshine, more exercise and less Michelin restaurants might be a good idea mate....
    Three-and-a-half years, two extensions, seven defections, 21 deselections, three prime ministers, countless amendments, two prorogations, one Supreme Court judgement, 66 million Brits losing the will to live and were still at square one...

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

I think this pretty much surmises the anti-establishment vote and what will happen: Brexit could cut wages by 30% over next two decades, says private equity boss Guy Hands | The Independent

“The slightly sad thing is the people who voted for Brexit aren’t the people who are going to have to make these sacrifices,” Hands said. “That’s not unusual for big, political decisions when people don’t fully analyse what the economic consequences are.”
    “Sadly, and this is always one of the strange things about business, I think it’s probably a bad thing for the majority of people and bad for the country, but I think, for my business, it’s probably going to be good,”
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Brexit means Brexit, or in other words - train crash where the only survivors will be in the 1st Class.

HTH

Banned

Bee is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    I think this pretty much surmises the anti-establishment vote and what will happen: Brexit could cut wages by 30% over next two decades, says private equity boss Guy Hands | The Independent

Debt will command higher interest rates as more risk is ascribed to an independent UK, and immigrants from Europe will be replaced with workers from the Indian subcontinent and Africa, who may be willing to accept “substantially” lower pay, he said.
    I don't understand this, why, why, why....

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    I don't understand this, why, why, why....
    Because nobody else would want to work in UK that switched to New Ekonomik Model

HTH

Banned

Bee is NOT a disguised employee

Because nobody else would want to work in UK that switched to New Ekonomik Model

HTH
    But it's an imposition from the UK, not the other way around.
    Are you using British humour?

Should post faster

KentDogWalker is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Not to mention opening up the UK market to US Food and Agriculture business.

Lots of lovely US Prime Beef, full of all those lovely hormones and anti-biotics that we don't allow over here. Among other things.

sheesh kebabs, thats disgusting

Should post faster

KentDogWalker is too good to be a permie

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    What's the difference between America and a yogurt?

After two weeks a yogurt will develop a culture.
    oh dear that made me laugh

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

More money - maybe, but better? How many Michelin Star restaurants around San Francisco? Less than within 5 mile radius from my posh bedsit
    Where there's muck there's brass.