• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Martin McGuinness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If you carry that line of reasoning on there will never be peace. You have to draw a line.
    Not really. Just saying "well done for doing the right thing in the end" is fine, but beatification is a little too much. WWTFHS
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The only people who can end any major conflict are the major players in it, they are the only ones with the influence to do so. Whatever they did, McGuiness and Adams deserve credit for bringing an ending to the troubles.

PS And the PM at the time, Blair, although I won't go as far as praising him.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        The only people who can end any major conflict are the major players in it, they are the only ones with the influence to do so. Whatever they did, McGuiness and Adams deserve credit for bringing an ending to the troubles.

PS And the PM at the time, Blair, although I won't go as far as praising him.
        Yeah, not really possible given his sanctioning of the illegal war in the Middle East.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Don't forget Major managed the first cease fire. & Mo Mowlam did most of the work for the second cease fire.

Don't forget George Mitchell as negotiator

And the other leaders that didn't have blood on their hands.

B'liar just took the credit.

Irish Peace Process — Important People
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Don't forget Major managed the first cease fire. & Mo Mowlam did most of the work for the second cease fire.

Don't forget George Mitchell as negotiator

And the other leaders that didn't have blood on their hands.

B'liar just took the credit.

Irish Peace Process — Important People

Mo Mowlam and John Hume deserve more credit for it than they ever received. Bill Clinton also deserves a mention, not because he was heavily involved, but he was able to charm both sides into action.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Mo Mowlam and John Hume deserve more credit for it than they ever received. Bill Clinton also deserves a mention, not because he was heavily involved, but he was able to charm both sides into action.
              I had forgotten Clinton smooching in there, good point.

Herne, Hulme , Trimble & Paisley it was sort of in their interests.

and Mandleslime got caught with Jim the plumber & some dodgy passports so had to say his excuses & leave.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

B'liar just took the credit
                One has to give him credit for being good at taking credit.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oh Dear, has Minestrone been drinking again? His missus really should offer him help, being a GP.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                  X