• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash Buyers from London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Ah, but - I hear Manchester is the new London. Don't tell anyone.
    I've heard the same but really can't be arsed travelling up North.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Filthy,

how many families do you have ?

Milan.
      his dad had a bike
      Last edited by vetran; 24 January 2017, 10:53.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

wot?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          You're not welcome round here anyway with your stupid fecking beards and your uppity women.
          You can't grow a beard either? It's OK, just accept it and move on.

If you'd like to direct the rich Londoners to have a bidding war over the house I'm trying to sell in Cornwall then feel free
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Filthy,

how many families do you have ?

Milan.
            including / excluding your kids?

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
              this has been happening for the last few years, i have family in San Francisco one is in Real Estate, had a lot of Chinese buyers, buying up property and loss making vineyards @ 10% over asking (talking $30m+)

others work in airport customs and were confiscating $400k in cash from Chinese tourists who didn't even want the money back

there was a bbc business daily podcast last week talking about China's capital flight, interesting listen
              Here it is - BBC World Service - Business Daily, China's Capital Flight featuring a professional money mule

Lots of Chinese buyers here in the NYC area when I have been looking around.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                I've heard the same but really can't be arsed travelling up North.
                There was an article on Midlands Today (aka what's happened in Birmingham as nowhere else in the Midlands exists) that proudly boasted of the amount of Chinese investing in Birmingham.

I just think they got on the wrong plane and ended up there instead.

Still, you wouldn't have to travel oop North to go the Brum....

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
                  There was an article on Midlands Today (aka what's happened in Birmingham as nowhere else in the Midlands exists) that proudly boasted of the amount of Chinese investing in Birmingham.

I just think they got on the wrong plane and ended up there instead.

Still, you wouldn't have to travel oop North to go the Brum....
                  They are deliberately moving outside London because it's cheaper and it is easier to hide. They are also "investing" in Northern UK cities.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Although Private Eye is currently on the case of one scheme in Liverpool whereby the 'investor' looks sham.

Comment

Working...
                    X