• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash Buyers from London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Buyers from London

Any chance you could all just feck right off and leave us mere mortals who have always lived round these parts to buy a family home without entering into a bidding war which we will always lose because those £5k increments in each counterbid really make the pips squeak.

You're not welcome round here anyway with your stupid fecking beards and your uppity women.

Well all the beardy hipsters are being priced out of London by Chinese or Russian cash buyers who think nothing of £10k increments accompanied by a side of gold / blood diamonds / small children

Comment

Yep it's not the London cash buyers, it's them bloody foreigners .... the ones that Brexit was going to sort out - you know, the Indians, the Chinese, the Russians

Comment

When DimPrawn was buying his shell he was using 10 kg gold bars as increments

Comment

I was watching some documentary last night. Apparently the UK is third on the list of Chinese buyers buying property abroad after the US and Australia.

However they now don't want to buy in London as the Chinese government is going around arresting people they find who have smuggled money out abroad.

The Chinese aren't allowed to take enough money to buy a property in a tulip place in the UK out in a year so if they can purchase multi-million pound properties with cash they are up to no good.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I was watching some documentary last night. Apparently the UK is third on the list of Chinese buyers buying property abroad after the US and Australia.

However they now don't want to buy in London as the Chinese government is going around arresting people they find who have smuggled money out abroad.

The Chinese aren't allowed to take enough money to buy a property in a tulip place in the UK out in a year so if they can purchase multi-million pound properties with cash they are up to no good.
            this has been happening for the last few years, i have family in San Francisco one is in Real Estate, had a lot of Chinese buyers, buying up property and loss making vineyards @ 10% over asking (talking $30m+)

others work in airport customs and were confiscating $400k in cash from Chinese touristswho didn't even want the money back

there was a bbc business daily podcast last week talking about China's capital flight, interesting listen

Comment

Then the ex-Londoner's move out here and push up prices with their big pot of unicorn piss.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Ah, but - I hear Manchester is the new London. Don't tell anyone.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Not long spent €30k on my rented property. Them London lot sound like tight gits.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    this has been happening for the last few years, i have family in San Francisco one is in Real Estate, had a lot of Chinese buyers, buying up property and loss making vineyards @ 10% over asking (talking $30m+)

others work in airport customs and were confiscating $400k in cash from Chinese touristswho didn't even want the money back

there was a bbc business daily podcast last week talking about China's capital flight, interesting listen

Filthy,

how many families do you have ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X