• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't wear lycra when it's hot if you are an old git

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Someone seems to be having trouble dealing with their latent homosexuality.
    Trouble? I think he's having a fabulous time!
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      I think they should be fecking banned.

They encourage exhibitionists.

Apparently you are not supposed to wear undies under them as it inhibits the "wicking," process.

Well, I don't need any far from pleasing reminders of how small your penis is while I'm trying to enjoy a knickerbocker glory within my niece on the cob at Lyme Regis.

So f**k off and put some ovwrshorts on you durty beardy c**t

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Sorry. With not within

And yes, that last sentence was maybe a little bit strong. :

I do apologise

Comment

far from pleasing reminders of how small your penis is
          I own a far too tight pair of trainers which I would never wear at the gym as it is obvious I am not Linford Christie. Maybe I should stick a teddy bear down the front.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

That article is complete bollocks.

They are telling cyclists not to wear lycra based on evidence collected not by getting them to ride a bike, but from running.

Runners don't generally wear lots of lycra, they wear loose shirts or vests and loose shorts, for this very reason.

On a bike you are moving much faster and get much more of a cooling effect from the air movement which naturally helps regulate your temperature.

They also only looked at tops, not shorts - there're no way you'd try to run in cycling shorts, unless you are Chris Froome on Mt Ventoux.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              That article is complete bollocks.

They are telling cyclists not to wear lycra based on evidence collected not by getting them to ride a bike, but from running.

Runners don't generally wear lots of lycra, they wear loose shirts or vests and loose shorts, for this very reason.

On a bike you are moving much faster and get much more of a cooling effect from the air movement which naturally helps regulate your temperature.

They also only looked at tops, not shorts - there're no way you'd try to run in cycling shorts, unless you are Chris Froome on Mt Ventoux.
              Lots of female runners wear leggings and I've seen male runners wear cycling shorts when training.

I do know that the areas I run include some of the sports people you see on telly plus triathletes who I've seen finishing a run and getting on a bike.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Lots of female runners wear leggings and I've seen male runners wear cycling shorts when training.

I do know that the areas I run include some of the sports people you see on telly plus triathletes who I've seen finishing a run and getting on a bike.
                Most of the male runners I know wear leggings especially in the winter. Though I have to admit when I first started running you could get away with anything now it seems like a fashion show.

oh if you do have a problem with things heating up try https://www.skins.net/uk/ they have or the ones i wear have different material for your dangly bits - obviously, well probably doesn't apply to you SueEllen.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Hopefully I will be seeing less MAMILs in the summer months - linky
                  Interesting article. Before reading it I assumed the excess heat referred to their balls, with an adverse effect on their fertility; but that wouldn't be a big issue as they've probably had all the kids they're likely to have.

BTW, What does MAMIL stand for? Premably the "IL" is "in lycra".

Ah cracked it - "Male and Mature in Lycra".
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Yes I have noticed wearing Lycra severely increases my heart rate.

Unfortunately I have no control over what fit women in the Gym wear.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Most of the male runners I know wear leggings especially in the winter. Though I have to admit when I first started running you could get away with anything now it seems like a fashion show.
                      It's age dependent and also dependent on the time people go out.

Those who go out first thing e.g. before 6am wear anything. After that it because a fashion parade.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X