• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't wear lycra when it's hot if you are an old git

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Interesting article. Before reading it I assumed the excess heat referred to their balls, with an adverse effect on their fertility; but that wouldn't be a big issue as they've probably had all the kids they're likely to have.

BTW, What does MAMIL stand for? Premably the "IL" is "in lycra".

Ah cracked it - "Male and Mature in Lycra".
    I always thought it was Middle Aged Man In Lycra

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      I always thought it was Middle Aged Man In Lycra
      Yes, but that doesn't include wrinklies, crumblies, and even dusties!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Yes, but that doesn't include wrinklies, crumblies, and even dusties!
        I think the phrase was coined to cover middle age men who suddenly decided they needed to exercise again to stop dropping dead. Wrinkles, crumblies etc aren't seen in the same light.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I think the phrase was coined to cover middle age men who suddenly decided they needed to exercise again to stop dropping dead. Wrinkles, crumblies etc aren't seen in the same light.
          More likely to save a marriage or find a new one.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
          X