• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well done SimonMac and Darren@Dynamo......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Making CUK Great again!

Although next year I'm going for best small "accountant"

Just think, you and Dodgy Agent, the ultimate "dream" team
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Congrats to the winners, but I have to say there are some strange names amongst the runners up. Crapita and Barclays immediately spring to mind. My only experience with the former involved telling me my rate was too high (even though it was at the arse end of nowhere and involved £120 daily expense) and then offering a contract that was so far inside IR35 it might as well have been traced in crayon by Hector himself, so the expenses are automatically non tax-deductible. I worked out that under their terms I might just about have been able to do them on minimum wage legislation.
      My only experience with the latter is reading for the last decade about routine 10-20% rate cuts, so that nowadays you're expected to rectify the mess created by a veritable army of Bobs for thruppence ha'penny. Both are on the block list, and will most likely stay there.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Robbed again. Clearly a rigged voting system. Make CUK great again, drain the swamp blah blah blah
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Robbed again. Clearly a rigged voting system. Make CUK great again, drain the swamp blah blah blah
          Yeah.. They rigged it against you by putting the word 'personality' in the title
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Congrats, both of you!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Yeah.. They rigged it against you by putting the word 'personality' in the title
              You won it and you can be* replaced with a simple bot so I can't see that being an issue.

*anyone got the link?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Admins/ mods true definition of the word 'personality' may turn out to be 'bellend'.

I'm considering this is a distinct possibility as DA won last year.

It also means, in addition, that D000hgy would have been a strong contender to win
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Well done to Darren and Simon.

Some of the voting in other categories is a bit of an eye-opener given how much they've been slagged off on here.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well we know MP's night time activities thread should have won it. If it was passed the deadline I doubt people will remember it for next years vote. Maybe a lesson there is for MP to consider the timings of her shenanigans to dovetail the voting season
                    I don't think anyone will ever forget a thread involving an IT contractor getting laid.

Comment

When was the vote held? I didnt get an option.

Who got voted moderator of the year?

Comment

Working...
                      X