• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So Brexit is a done deal, how are you going to cope?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I'm starting to realise why some of you Remnants voted Remain. Your nuts!
    That's right. We've got balls unlike you brexit wusses.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      It's going to depend on the GOP's Border Adjusted Tax (BAT) plan vs. targeted import tariffs (Trump's preference). If they push through the BAT then, in theory, the USD will appreciate massively, by around 15-20% (i.e. about as much as the CT cut). At the same time, the markets are increasingly worried by Trump's rhetoric. He clearly hasn't calmed down, post election.

The Euro looks over-valued to me, even against Sterling Sterling has a lot of negativity baked in at this point, so the upside is far greater than the downside, but there's clearly some downside in a WTO scenario (1.05-1.1 vs. USD IMO).
      He is so special.

1. He is a joke candidate
      2. He will calm down when he wins the nomination
      3. He will calm down now he has won the election
      4. He will calm down when he is inaugurated
      5. Oh dear (TM)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        You forgot the option leave the UK
        I didn't - but that option will only be available to the very best, post Brexit.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sterling has a lot of negativity baked in at this point, so the upside is far greater than the downside...

Yeah because the UK is a strong and viable economy that hasn't relied on QE and record borrowing at all, and is renowned for its export prowess, high productivity, excellent education of the masses and gigantic surpluses. And is about to gain a massive trading partner.

Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            I'm starting to realise why some of you Remnants voted Remain. You're nuts!
            You're just thick.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Yeah because the UK is a strong and viable economy that hasn't relied on QE and record borrowing at all, and is renowned for its export prowess, high productivity, excellent education of the masses and gigantic surpluses. And is about to gain a massive trading partner.

I can sense your skepticism

However, I think it's quite clear from the response to May's speech (largest one day rise in Cable since 2008) that some form of hard-Brexit is baked in and that Sterling is now range-bound to slightly positive until one of us turns out to be correct.

Comment

However, I think it's quite clear from the response to May's speech (largest one day rise in Cable since 2008) that some form of hard-Brexit is baked in and that Sterling is now range-bound to slightly positive until one of us turns out to be correct.
                Can you say that again in English please?

TIA

Comment

I have started learning German and will continue to do so.

I have learned that the best thing the UK has to offer is its Language which allows alternative opinions considering there are so many people globally speaking it vs more local languages even German which turn out to be very local culture specific with very narrow mainstream media sourced opinions and thoughts. Basically a hit on my intelligence.

So yes the Language is the biggest asset but now the UK is not EU. It is like Canada or Australia.. Mhee

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
                    I have started learning German and will continue to do so.

I have learned that the best thing the UK has to offer is its Language which allows alternative opinions considering there are so many people globally speaking it vs more local languages even German which turn out to be very local culture specific with very narrow mainstream media sourced opinions and thoughts. Basically a hit on my intelligence.

So yes the Language is the biggest asset but now the UK is not EU. It is like Canada or Australia.. Mhee
                    Feck off.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I didn't - but that option will only be available to the very best, post Brexit.
                      So that would be why you discounted it from YOUR options.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X