• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So Brexit is a done deal, how are you going to cope?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      I'll look after it for you, for very reasonable fees.
      Will you take Sterling?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Will you take Sterling?
        Absolutely. I'll convert it to Flanian Pobble Beads so it won't lose too much of its value.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          About right, but wouldn't hold any cash in Euros either. Dollars or CHF.
          Not sure about the "Trump" affect on the dollar, the Euro currently looks undervalued with respect to both. Investors seem to be overestimating the possibility of Frexit and Italexit. Ain't going to happen.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Not sure about the "Trump" affect on the dollar, the Euro currently looks undervalued with respect to both. Investors seem to be overestimating the possibility of Frexit and Italexit. Ain't going to happen.
            Trumpanomics can only work if dollar gets stronger.

Comment

Ain't going to happen.
              We were saying that about Brexit quite recently. And now there's precedent been set!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm starting to realise why some of you Remnants voted Remain. You're nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  I'm starting to realise why some of you Remnants voted Remain. You're nuts!
                  There are two kinds of nuts my friends...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    We were saying that about Brexit quite recently. And now there's precedent been set!
                    You might have been
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's going to depend on the GOP's Border Adjusted Tax (BAT) plan vs. targeted import tariffs (Trump's preference). If they push through the BAT then, in theory, the USD will appreciate massively, by around 15-20% (i.e. about as much as the CT cut). At the same time, the markets are increasingly worried by Trump's rhetoric. He clearly hasn't calmed down, post election.

The Euro looks over-valued to me, even against Sterling Sterling has a lot of negativity baked in at this point, so the upside is far greater than the downside, but there's clearly some downside in a WTO scenario (1.05-1.1 vs. USD IMO).

Comment

Working...
                      X