• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else not have a pension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have a pension, why the hell not?!

Even sticking £50 a month into something is better than nothing
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Isn't this a bit of a minefield? You put your money in to something that your folks who probably have a preferential tax status, gain from and that then get's transferred back to you? That will have taken quite a bit of careful tax planning wouldn't it?
      Pretty amazing isn't it - he gives up £1 to Ponzi scheme and "saving" 40% of tax on it

Comment

Start taking a private pension at 55 (ish) not 70.

Also reduces your corp tax bill if you pay Company Contribs and is personal tax free on the way in.

paying off your mortgage might save you 2%

Ltd Co. Pension Contribs put 20% CT AND 32.5% Divi tax in your pocket. (your milage may differ)

52.5 > 2
        one way of looking at it.

Cash in your pension at 55? You may have to wait till 70 - Telegraph

Comment

My pension will consist of a cute dog on a piece of rope which will pay for my daily bottle of meths under the railway bridge.

Comment

I started one but then I don't think I contributed after the initial £4k. Other things to stick the cash into.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              My pension will consist of a cute dog on a piece of rope which will pay for my daily bottle of meths under the railway bridge.
              If you are in Swindon the police will move you on.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If you are in Swindon the police will move you on.
                I intend to retire somewhere nicer, like Luton.

Comment

I intend to retire somewhere nicer, like Luton.
                  Birmingham would be nicer.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My advice would be to marry a rich lass and then float round the world for the rest of your life, drinking gin and taking the piss out of foreigners.

Comment

My pension will consist of a cute dog on a piece of rope which will pay for my daily bottle of skin lotion in the cellar.
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X