UK and US can lead world again, May says UK and US can lead world again, May says - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 39

Contractor Among Contractors

tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Although, if past history is anything to go by, Britain has managed to do relatively well for a thousand years.
    Yeah, the strategy of sticking close to the American's has worked out pretty well for the last 100 years, all things considering.

Trump is pretty easy to work out. He is a bully with a huge ego. He doesn't want to be standard politician - he wants to get things done. Quickly.

"America First" and "Hire American, Buy American" tells you pretty much what you need to know about him.

I reckon he see's a great opportunity with BREXIT. Basically get the UK into a FTA with the US to replace the current arrangement with the EU ( which the EU don't want us to maintain ). So UK consumers can Buy American, American firms will be bullied and bribed into Hiring American, and Trump can claim the credit for a US manufacturing renaissance.

Of course the EU can easily head this threat off by continuing free trade with the UK but they won't because their principals will get in the way.

The principled go head-to-head with the unprincipled. My money is on the Americans.

Super poster

The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Yeah, the strategy of sticking close to the American's has worked out pretty well for the last 100 years, all things considering.

Trump is pretty easy to work out. He is a bully with a huge ego. He doesn't want to be standard politician - he wants to get things done. Quickly.

"America First" and "Hire American, Buy American" tells you pretty much what you need to know about him.

I reckon he see's a great opportunity with BREXIT. Basically get the UK into a FTA with the US to replace the current arrangement with the EU ( which the EU don't want us to maintain ). So UK consumers can Buy American, American firms will be bullied and bribed into Hiring American, and Trump can claim the credit for a US manufacturing renaissance.

Of course the EU can easily head this threat off by continuing free trade with the UK but they won't because their principals will get in the way.

The principled go head-to-head with the unprincipled. My money is on the Americans.
    You and I know the UK/USA relationship is one step in many and it's total off-pieste in relation to my comment. I'll repeat it: Britain has done well for a long period of time - hundreds of years. Perhaps her time is up, but I very much doubt it.

More fingers than teeth

BlasterBates - scorchio!

Britain's time isn't up, far from it, but it's back to the 70's, stagflation

I'm alright Jack

Contractor Among Contractors

tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You and I know the UK/USA relationship is one step in many and it's total off-pieste in relation to my comment. I'll repeat it: Britain has done well for a long period of time - hundreds of years. Perhaps her time is up, but I very much doubt it.
    I know. I was agreeing with you. I just wanted to get my "Trump Rant" off my chest.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    I know. I was agreeing with you. I just wanted to get my "Trump Rant" off my chest.
    Oops, sorry. I'm in defence of Britain mode!

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

May's trade plan

Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    May's trade plan

pity WE abolished slavery then.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    May's trade plan

Good to see Ireland labelled Britain.

Banned

Fronttoback 's job has never been outsourced

Default FAO scooter

Scooter - are you one of these annoying "I told you so" people?

Why don't you take a different view on brexit and help fix the problem? With your skills your could move to the UK, educate people into better jobs, pay lots of tax into the UK coffers and help redress the pending downturn.

Why be so negative? Why not look forward and help?

Super poster

Eirikur - scorchio!

Victorian times are here again