• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uk final quarter gdp beats forecasts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk final quarter gdp beats forecasts

0.6%

But it's OK. The slowdown is coming. We haven't left the EU yet, even though everyone has known we will.

The slow down certainly is on the way:

UK auto investment slumps as industry warns of Brexit threat

UK retail sales fall sharply in December - BBC News
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Well it's 6 months late already! Remember, Remain promised disaster the day after the vote. Didn't happen of course but let's forget about project fear.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Well it's 6 months late already! Remember, Remain promised disaster the day after the vote. Didn't happen of course but let's forget about project fear.
        Never have I seen so many people willing their own country* to fail just to prove** that Remain was the correct way to vote.

* Half the Remainers on here don't live in the UK. I suspect a lot don't have the UK's interest at heart.
        ** It's a fallacy as the outcome in favour of Remain will now never be known.

Comment

Car crash waiting to happen.
          Major companies are already starting to feel the consequences of Brexit

Comment

None of this growth is investment or export driven. Simply cheap money, QE and debt driven.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...interest-rates
            Survey: UK consumer debt at 'record' £270bn - Daily Record

Brexiters seem to to forget that post referendum, interest rates were cut to 0.25 and QE enhanced.
            Last edited by sasguru; 26 January 2017, 10:11.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you remember David Cameron was going to invoke article 50 the week after the referendum, and then kicked the ball into the long grass. So lets wait and see what actually happens when they do that.

They're still in the EU. Being in the EU seems to be good for business.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Never have I seen so many people willing their own country* to fail just to prove** that Remain was the correct way to vote.

* Half the Remainers on here don't live in the UK. I suspect a lot don't have the UK's interest at heart.
                ** It's a fallacy as the outcome in favour of Remain will now never be known.
                I'm a Tory. I don't believe in society, just self-interest.
                I see Brexit as an opportunity to buy cheap assets.

HTH.
                Last edited by sasguru; 26 January 2017, 10:11.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  None of this growth is investment or export driven. Simply cheap money, QE and debt driven.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...interest-rates
                  Survey: UK consumer debt at 'record' £270bn - Daily Record
                  What about the EU? They, of course, aren't printing money. While we're about it, how much of your pot do you have in Euros? Just so we know.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I'm a Tory. I don't believe in society, just self-interest.
                    I see Brexit as an opportunity to buy cheap assets.

HTH.
                    We only accept Sterling here old boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X