• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spanish going off message now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish going off message now

Spain proposing trade talks in parallel with divorce talks.

What with the Czechs talking about individual deals for their people in the UK and Spain pointing out how much trade it does with the UK, it's almost like individual countries are acting in their own self interest rather than preparing for pain for the common good of t'Committee.

More likely all the countries who don't like the great EU administrator are finally speaking out.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      More likely all the countries who don't like the great EU administrator are finally speaking out.
      Central Scrutinizer.

Comment

Article is behind a pay wall
        Anyway wanting something is different form actually doing something

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Not the full story from the FT but a tiny bit of info.

Spain wants to start Brexit trade talks as soon as possible - Business Insider

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Paste
            Spain backs early trade talks in Brexit negotiations
            Into google, click the ft link, article appears as if by magic

Comment

any chance we can sack Junket & co and hire this bloke & friends to run the EU? I might want to stay then.

“It would actually be good, while we speak about the separation, to also define where we want to be in terms of a new framework [for EU-UK relations],” Mr Dastis said in an interview a week after Theresa May, Britain’s prime minister, set out her priorities for Brexit.

“We are interested in getting a result that is good for both sides. We won’t give up that interest for the sake of strict procedural requirements.”

The Spanish foreign minister also voiced support for a “transitional agreement” to avoid a disorderly British exit from the EU at the end of the two-year deadline for negotiations.
              He also seems to treat Gibraltar with respect.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Whilst the Committee in its ivory tower is happy to give up trade and introduce tariffs for the sake of the empire, it's becoming increasingly apparent that those member states which will be impacted most, don't feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  any chance we can sack Junket & co and hire this bloke & friends to run the EU? I might want to stay then.
                  Nope unfortunately not.

BTW If Junket wasn't there in the first place but someone Spanish the referendum wouldn't have been held.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I read it to mean that they'll play hard-ball with Gib.

I remember about 20 years ago in Brussels talking to Spanish who said they didn't understand why you would be in a club if you disagree about everything in it. And because we were a big voice in the club we would hold up a lot of stuff and piss a lot of other countries with it too.

Today the other Europeans I speak with still believe in the EU. I don't think that it will disappear in the near future. In fact I don't think of Brexit as a zero-sum game. It's obvious that we shouldn't be in the EU, the EU will make strides to their "ever closer union" and we will be free to trade with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X