• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One silver lining to Brexit - the NHS as it exists will probably disappear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God knows the NHS needs reform
    Well it could start by refusing to treat those that aren't entitled to it. Costs will drop dramatically when there aren't 330,000 new patients a year joining the queue and finally those overpaid 'management consultants' get some of the money back we're owed in the EU reciprocal agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Well it could start by refusing to treat those that aren't entitled to it. Costs will drop dramatically when there aren't 330,000 new patients a year joining the queue and finally those overpaid 'management consultants' get some of the money back we're owed in the EU reciprocal agreement.
      Typical Brexiter, takes his prejudices as alternative facts.
      The reality is that the new EU demographic is young (20-30s mainly) and hasn't started being a burden on the NHS yet (they will be when they get old).
      But I agree we should have stipulated that all EU migrants have private health care before they came over as even the EU says they should - that bit is entirely our fault.
      The real pressure on the NHS is native old people who are living longer thanks to effective drugs like statins/anti-diabetics which keep them alive longer but in poor health.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Jeremy Corbyn: Don't sacrifice NHS to President Trump - BBC News

If you were on the fence all along, its time now to decisively vote for Corbyn. He is the only politician who has the country and the population's interests in his heart. The rest, especially the Tories, only think about enriching themselves. Look at Cameron and Osbourne, already lining their pockets. What a disgrace!

The general election needs to be called, we have a PM who we didnt vote for destroying our country.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          If you think the NHS system is working fine you're in la-la land.
          Obviously you must be healthy yourself and/or don't know any unhealthy old people.
          Lucky you.

Feel free to get all preachy (as usual).

I was talking about the premise and ideology of our NHS, not what it has actually become. Still, you seem intent on accelerating from 0 to bellend at every opportunity.

The NHS model would be fine if it had the appropriate funding but as I said, the nation is skint.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Jeremy Corbyn: Don't sacrifice NHS to President Trump - BBC News

If you were on the fence all along, its time now to decisively vote for Corbyn. He is the only politician who has the country and the population's interests in his heart. The rest, especially the Tories, only think about enriching themselves. Look at Cameron and Osbourne, already lining their pockets. What a disgrace!

The general election needs to be called, we have a PM who we didnt vote for destroying our country.
            Keep drinking what you are drinking but I will pass.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Typical Brexiter, takes his prejudices as alternative facts.
              The reality is that the new EU demographic is young (20-30s mainly) and hasn't started being a burden on the NHS yet (they will be when they get old).
              That's funny. My wife works in the NHS and 80% of her case-load is European migrants or recent immigrants.

I suspect that, once again, you actually don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                That's funny. My wife works in the NHS and 80% of her case-load is European migrants or recent immigrants.

I suspect that, once again, you actually don't know what you are talking about.

Stop being bigotted.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Provided we don't let the Septics' insanely vindictive legalistic compensation culture take hold in the UK! That is largely why their privatized health system is so expensive.
                  Under the terms of free trade deal all disputes will be subject to chicken tulip laws of Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Keep drinking what you are drinking but I will pass.
                    Stop with the insults, if you want to continue voting the Tory scum, go for it. Dont come on here crying later that you wished Corbyn was the PM instead of evil Tory.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                      That's funny. My wife works in the NHS and 80% of her case-load is European migrants or recent immigrants. I suspect that, once again, you actually don't know what you are talking about.
                      So you wife wants to be out of her job?

Comment

Working...
                      X