• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mass Resignation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What country do you think Trump will have a war with?
    I think another civil war is looking a good bet.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Update - Head of US Border Control has resigned as well!
      Perhaps he's hoping to get a job over here, whoever is doing the job at the moment clearly hasn't been or there'd have been no brexit...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I'm not seeing anything on BBC yet, is it happening live?
        I'm listening to the radio then Googling to find links from decent sources. Hence Washington Post link.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          So a bunch of career bureaucrats competent professionals who know how to hold in check the more deranged notions of here-today-gone-tomorrow politicians and ensure some stability in the delicate business of international relations has gone. Is this not something to cheer?
          Probably not

Comment

Not true in this case. This senior management team weren't put in place by Obama. So they aren't necessarily Democrats.

I see you don't keep up with thread links.

I just pointed that out. Hence the popcorn from Shaunbhoy.
            As it doesn't seem much to link to anything.....

Comment

The entire senior office of the state department has apparently resigned rather than work under Trump.

Link
              The same people who organised a coup in Ukraine , backed the military take-over in Egypt and started a civil war in Syria?

Doesn't seem like a great loss really.

Comment

CNN is now reporting they were told their services were no longer required by Trump's gangsters

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  CNN is now reporting they were told their services were no longer required by Trump's gangsters
                  Well you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs I suppose.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Ahh alternative facts.

Comment

While I've been busy the Washington Post has updated and explained both stories.

With the senior state officials they always resign when a new administration comes in. The new administration up until now has always declined their resignations simply because they are the people who know how things actually work.

With the senior guy in border department Trump told him to go via video conference and instead of fighting it he handed his resignation in.

Oh and for those wondering why it isn't on the BBC - while should an internal US story be on a UK website when our PM is making a official visit and there is loads of other UK, European and world news?

Comment

Working...
                      X