• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Listening to Teresa May's nauseating, fawning, grovelling speech .....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to Teresa May's nauseating, fawning, grovelling speech .....

..in the US yesterday, I suddenly realised something.
    There are not going to be any meaningful negotiations with the EU are there?
    Because this is a coup by the right wing of the Tory party and they want to use the once in a lifetime chaos caused by Brexit to reshape the country how they want.
    Think privatised NHS, many more zero hours contracts, low reg (i.e. poor workers rights), low tax for corps (but contractors and the self employed will be squeezed until the pips sqeak).
    So they'll simply present some unrealistic demands to the EU, wait for the inevitable rejection, blame the EU for the ensuing chaos and then the real work can start.

I was wondering why the Tories thought 2 years was enough to negotiate, especially with not enough people, but it all makes sense now.
    They don't intend to.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I was wondering why the Tories thought 2 years was enough to negotiate
    Article 50 expressly states that there ought to be 2 years of negotiation, not the Tory Party.

But hey.....if that salient fact derails your little fantasy then simply ignore it. It is your fantasy after all, so you set the rules.

And what happens to the price of unicorns in this alternative universe?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

indeed...

Britain’s excruciating embrace of Donald Trump shows how little independence it has gained from Brexit | The Economist

Its trade deals will be forged with a fraction of the negotiating force that has long promoted its interests. That means more concessions to the tariff and regulatory preferences of foreigners. Its application to become a full member of the World Trade Organisation is yet another opportunity for others to impose conditions and costs.
      The sight of a grovelling Prime Minister will be a common sight in Brussels and Washington.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 January 2017, 09:15.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

..in the US yesterday, I suddenly realised something.
        There are not going to be any meaningful negotiations with the EU are there?
        Because this is a coup by the right wing of the Tory party and they want to use the once in a lifetime chaos caused by Brexit to reshape the country how they want.
        Think privatised NHS, many more zero hours contracts, low reg (i.e. poor workers rights), low tax for corps (but contractors and the self employed will be squeezed until the pips sqeak).
        So they'll simply present some unrealistic demands to the EU, wait for the inevitable rejection, blame the EU for the ensuing chaos and then the real work can start.

I was wondering why the Tories thought 2 years was enough to negotiate, especially with not enough people, but it all makes sense now.
        They don't intend to.

Good Morning Sas,

I have also already reached the same conclusion.

The people have been duped into this, and it is indeed a coup to reshape the country.

You are spot on, the goal is not to reach an agreement with the EU.

Milan.

Comment

A deal with the EU is the last thing they want, but they need to be seen to be trying to make a deal with the EU. Then they can blame the EU, play the martyr, wait for The Daily Mail to evoke the spirit of The Blitz, and then ride the wave of popularity to the 2020 election victory.

Same basic approach as Sturgeon.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Article 50 expressly states that there ought to be 2 years of negotiation, not the Tory Party.

But hey.....if that salient fact derails your little fantasy then simply ignore it. It is your fantasy after all, so you set the rules.

And what happens to the price of unicorns in this alternative universe?

As the posts subsequent to yours prove, not everyone is as dim as you are.
            You Brexiters have been duped.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

One whiff of privitising the NHS and the electorate will give them a right kicking. Corbyn will be gone so the might even have a bit of competition. The British public aren't as daft as you think.

Comment

As the posts subsequent to yours prove, my little posse of sycophantic Bremoaners are all considerably more dim than you are.
                ftfy

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  One whiff of privitising the NHS and the electorate will give them a right kicking. Corbyn will be gone so the might even have a bit of competition. The British public aren't as daft as you think.

Gone where? You must be the most dimwitted feckwit over here.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Gone where?
                    Back into the obscurity that his talents suggest.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X