• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's Muslim Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Muslim Ban

Trump executive order: Refugees detained at US airports - BBC News

Finally in action. Expected lack of uproar on this forum, despite the major implications of it. I imagine a fair few CUKers would like the same thing applied here in the UK.

Unbelievable, Outrageous and on Par with the kind of things Hitler did when he first came to power.... Yet nobody seems fussed. I guess we are ok if we are not a Muslim right?

Worst thing of it all is that Saudi isn't even mentioned despite nearly all the 911 bombers being from... you guessed it Saudi (and 911 was the pretext for this ban).

Comment

In terms of the U.S. Isn't this akin to banning North Koreans or Cubans.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Have read some republicans are having buyers remorse. A bit late now!

One wonders how far he'll go before he's stopped.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Well actually, yes, with that loosened tie and your hair all over the place, you do look hot and bothered!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            In terms of the U.S. Isn't this akin to banning North Koreans or Cubans.
            Cubans had right to stay in USA id they managed to make it there - Obama canned it iust before he left office, North koreans simply don't get to escape in large numbers anyway - usually those that do represent good opportuniy to learn about NK regime

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Cubans had right to stay in USA id they managed to make it there - Obama canned it iust before he left office, North koreans simply don't get to escape in large numbers anyway - usually those that do represent good opportuniy to learn about NK regime
              I thought the Cuban right to remain being canned was in return for them not being thrown in prison when they went home? Essentially, they're safe to return so the right to claim asylum is no longer necessary.

I think what Trump is doing is awful, misguided, and is going to have much wider repercussions than he can imagine. Google are recalling their staff from overseas travel to try and get them back into the country before the noose tightens. I'm not shouting about it here because I don't believe Trump cares what the CUK forum members think.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I'm not shouting about it here because I don't believe Trump cares what the CUK forum members think.
                The all seeing eye misses nothing.

US border patrol 'checking people's Facebook for political views'

US border agents are checking people’s Facebook pages for their political views before allowing them into the country, an immigration lawyer has claimed.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Cue the leftie demos on London...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    and what if they don't use Facebook or any of that bollox?

That might make them look even more suspect, if they're young, as it may be suspected they are concealing their thoughts and true motives!

I've long maintained that in a hundred years personal use of Facebook or something like it may be practically compulsory, and refusniks will be marginalised and financially disadvantaged.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X