• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quebec mosque attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The Canadian authorities and PM are saying it is a terror attack on Muslims. linky
    I think that what NorthWestPerm2Contr was alluding to is that terror attacks are labelled as such in the press only when the perpetrators are Muslim, otherwise its a hate crime/random nutter or other less emotive language.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      I think that what NorthWestPerm2Contr was alluding to is that terror attacks are labelled as such in the press only when the perpetrators are Muslim, otherwise its a hate crime/random nutter or other less emotive language.
      You are being ridiculous. Of course it is plainly a terrorist attack and nobody would use a less emotive term like 'nutter'.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Most nutters don't need anyone to inspire them.
      Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Very sad, innocent people killed by nutters again.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        You are being ridiculous. Of course it is plainly a terrorist attack and nobody would use a less emotive term like 'nutter'.
        Yes it is but the media won't report it like that, e.g. Brevik, terrorist or nutter?

Don't call Anders Breivik a terrorist – he is a sad fantasist leading an army of one - Telegraph

Edit: Aah yes I see what you did there re the other quotes!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          terrorist
          ˈtɛrərɪst/Submit
          noun
          a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
          Any idea what these "terrorist's" political Aims are?

Now ISIS's are fairly clear as were the IRA & Basque Separatists.

For info "Killing someone different from me" is not normally considered a Political Aim.

Nutter describes them perfectly as the deaths are even more senseless than "Because I want my extreme brand of Islam to rule the world".

Terrorist confers some meaning to it.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was thinking about this, just came up with this on my own...

Imagine there's no countries
            It isn't hard to do
            Nothing to kill or die for
            And no religion, too
            Imagine all the people
            Living life in peace

Comment

Now ISIS's are fairly clear as were the IRA & Basque Separatists.
              When a terrorist attack happens unless it is a known group e.g New IRA than the reason for their attack is not know for a few hours to a few days after.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                When a terrorist attack happens unless it is a known group e.g New IRA than the reason for their attack is not know for a few hours to a few days after.
                Most take responsibility in hours. It only takes a tweet.

If they are lone gunmen who hate muslims or another faction of muslims they are Nutters.

If they are part of ISIS etc they are terrorists.

Brevik had a manifesto so sort of counts as a terrorist but I prefer to think of him as insane not as part of a group that want to exterminate people not sure any others from his group were arrested?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

It isn't hard to do
                  And no religion, too
                  Imagine all the people
                  Living life in peace
                  Put that with a nice piano ballad and you've got a potential winner there.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

It isn't hard to do
                    And no religion, too
                    Imagine all the people
                    Living life in peace
                    Delusional hippy twaddle. Good pap for the uncritical masses though - they'll like it.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

White supremacy or white supremacism is a racist ideology centered upon the belief, and the promotion of the belief, that white people are superior in certain characteristics, traits, and attributes to people of other racial backgrounds and that therefore white people should politically, economically and socially rule non-white people.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy

Comment

Working...
                      X