• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have a nice weekend?

Get up to anything exciting?

as ever the weekend was too short

Milan.

Comment

Not bad, plenty of family time and some very good FA Cup results.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Pretty good, lots of dog walking, great food and sleeping. Did take the Fitbit challenge too far and ran for 2 hours on Sunday and still came third.

Comment

Not too bad TYFA,

Played some new games - beat BGG 2 out of 3

Brought a new wheelchair.

Did house stuff - measuring doors, & taking shower apart to soak in vinegar to remove lime scale build up.

Had a takeaway (the 2nd in 8mnths, it was tasty)

Started new leather project.

Started new book (Ready Player One)

You?
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Not bad, TFA.

Friday in the pub for a beer festival.

Spent most of Saturday clearing out crap from the garage to make room to be able to have a proper set up for the Turbo Trainer etc. Then went and bought some proper cycling shoes and cleats for MrsB. She's been skeptical about the difference they make but now can't believe how much better they are than just trainers

Most of Saturday evening was spent trying to resuscitate MrsB's iMac, to no avail. I suspect the hard drive screwed so it's going in for repairs today.

Was supposed to be out on the bike on Sunday, was hoping to get the first Century of the year in but it was just way too icy. Ended doing three hours on the turbo instead for a metric century.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Then went and bought some proper cycling shoes and cleats for MrsB. She's been skeptical about the difference they make but now can't believe how much better they are than just trainers
              I hope she doesn't fall off, same for you, I've heard too many horror stories about those things

My bike came with those things, I had them replaced with classic pedals

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                I hope she doesn't fall off, same for you, I've heard too many horror stories about those things

My bike came with those things, I had them replaced with classic pedals

Milan.
                You soon get used to them, and everybody falls off at least once. Usually in a semi-graceful, slow motion sideways manner when coming to a halt and forgetting you are clipped in. Think Del Boy at the bar.

It only takes one or two rides for un-clipping to become second nature, you just stop thinking about it and do it. MrsB is only riding on the turbo trainer at the moment, but she got the hang of it quickly enough.

Comment

30+ hours of work.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    30+ hours of work.
                    Billable I hope

Comment

Working...
                    X