• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Used car warranty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    +1, The ones I have seen only covered for parts you have to cover the labour, (clutch and a flywheel on a focus the labours more than the parts) either just pay your money and take your chances or buy from a main agent who have a reputation to look after
    Clutch tends to be a consumable so unless it's a major failure then it won't be covered... and even if it exploded you'd be on a sticky wicket.

The devil is most definitely in the detail. I bought a car from Evan Halshaw once and they lump in a three month warranty on their second hand cars 'for free' <sigh>... but anyway, window mechanism failed shattering the window a week later and one of the horns on the dual horn wasn't working. They took it in, fixed it all and handed it me back without question. Lent me one of the demonstrator cars as well. Can't fault it. Would Joe Bloggs use Auto's have done that? I very much doubt it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

I had arm muscles like Charles Atlas since it didn't have power steering.
      That's got nothing to do with a lack of power steering

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Best bet to buy a Kia? Worst car I've ever driven and I've (and I'm really confessing here) owned a Rover 100.
        Hyundai or Kia? Same thing apart from the badges. From what you wrote, I suspect your experience is not so recent. Buy a two year old Kia Sportage and still have 5 years warranty, what's not to like?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X