• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying by Manager Contractor ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    like grab a coffee with the guy who brought you in?
    ?
    Just becareful how you ask...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.u...ndroid-samsung
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by metallica View Post
      Plenty actually.

I was thinking from the permie PMs view. He would agree with me, but also think its none of his business. Just my thought
      If he's responsible for the overall delivery, shouldn't he know if there's unresolvable differences within the team that could affect the delivery? Given he's your friend rather than tech lead and you have evidence, the deck's stacked in your favour.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If he's responsible for the overall delivery, shouldn't he know if there's unresolvable differences within the team that could affect the delivery? Given he's your friend rather than tech lead and you have evidence, the deck's stacked in your favour.
        +1.

Tell your "mate" to get involved.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

True, not really a friend - but he has known me way longer as I have worked for him in the past and he got me in again due to my previous work - that's in my favour.
          The contractor lead - hes been on the project for twice the time than me and has kind of key man dependency on him right now - that's in his favour

Comment

My advice, work your way through it, you will inevitably have to deal with difficult colleagues and managers, learn how to deal with it, i.e. don'r rise to the bait and just do your job professionally. Once you've handled one bad situation without feeling angry, you've won. If it doesn't get better then leave at renewal time. It's not like you're in a permie job where you're stuck with it in the forseeable future.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 31 January 2017, 11:07.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              +1.

Tell your "mate" to get involved.
              Correct. (Un)fortunately in business it's about who you know. In school and on the street, snitches get stitches, but you've got to protect your income and career here.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Rather than listen to the morons, why not do something more realistic like grab a coffee with the guy who brought you in?

What evidence have you got that the technical lead is making it difficult for you? Could any of it be seen as your failure/inability to deliver?
                In all my years of contracting one thing I've learnt is not to get involved in office politics. Your feet wouldn't touch the floor. Sure talk to the PM, but you're asking him to compare someone who's be delivering there much longer than yourself.... It's a no brainer for the PM, friend or no friend.

If you choose to leave you can at least control the time of your departure and minimise the interruption to cash flow.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 31 January 2017, 11:13.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Don't forget your ergonomic keyboard when you leave...

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    1. Punch up in the car park
                    2. Knob his wife
                    3. Key his car
                    4. Head down, keep invoicing

Any or all of the above would be deemed acceptable.
                    5. Grass him up to HMRC as an IR35 avoider
                    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      In all my years of contracting one thing I've learnt is not to get involved in office politics. Your feet wouldn't touch the floor. Sure talk to the PM, but you're asking him to compare someone who's be delivering there much longer than yourself.... It's a no brainer for the PM, friend or no friend.

If you choose to leave you can at least control the time of your departure and minimise the interruption to cash flow.
                      I'm not advocating a shoot out, simply that you shouldn't ditch a contract when you don't have to. If you spend your life running from problems, it's quite sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X