• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying by Manager Contractor ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I failed to notice the thread necromancy.

On the plus side I posted whilst drunk without linking to a p0rn site in a pro forum.
    Oh silly me. I also failed to notice that this smegging whinefest is in general.

***a****r——s,..,.e....!!!!!!
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Just a sec

Hold the horses

Can we have the other Contractor's side of the story

Metallica, tell the other Contractor you're discussing the situation on CUK and the boyz want to hear his side of the story.

Tell him to setup a CUK account and update this thread with his side

I'd love to hear both sides

Milan.

p.s. so far it all sounds a little bit diddums
      You really are one of the insufferable pricks on here.

Anyhoo, I remember working for a multi national bank on a migration project. The team in Spain where having some difficulties and asked for practical changes of the GUI. I forwarded these across to the dev team asking if these could be implemented as suggested by the end users.

Turned out a rather arsey team lead started sending out emails asking who did I think I was 'demanding' these changes blah, blah, blah, that I should give Project Management a miss and just get on with the job I was 'employed' to do.

Must admit, I thought of offering him out but decided to raise his emails with the Project Manager instead. Explained these were requests from the end users in Spain, not me, and, Id forwarded them on as a request for investigation as to suitability and not a demand.

The PM got back to me a short time later and said the Dev Lead had a bit of a reputation for being a gobby twat and he had been told in the past to knock it on the head. He said this time however, the bank had decided enough was enough and gave him a formal written warning regarding his behaviour.

Some places will get rid of you as the simplest option to resolve the situation but it comes down to what you are comfortable with. Others do not like 'conflicting colleagues' to go toe to toe to sort it out and prefer use of more formal channels.

No one should put up with bullying or intimidation and you have to make a stand if you consider there really is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
        You really are one of the insufferable pricks on here.

Anyhoo, I remember working for a multi national bank on a migration project. The team in Spain where having some difficulties and asked for practical changes of the GUI. I forwarded these across to the dev team asking if these could be implemented as suggested by the end users.

Turned out a rather arsey team lead started sending out emails asking who did I think I was 'demanding' these changes blah, blah, blah, that I should give Project Management a miss and just get on with the job I was 'employed' to do.

Must admit, I thought of offering him out but decided to raise his emails with the Project Manager instead. Explained these were requests from the end users in Spain, not me, and, Id forwarded them on as a request for investigation as to suitability and not a demand.

The PM got back to me a short time later and said the Dev Lead had a bit of a reputation for being a gobby twat and he had been told in the past to knock it on the head. He said this time however, the bank had decided enough was enough and gave him a formal written warning regarding his behaviour.

Some places will get rid of you as the simplest option to resolve the situation but it comes down to what you are comfortable with. Others do not like 'conflicting colleagues' to go toe to toe to sort it out and prefer use of more formal channels.

No one should put up with bullying or intimidation and you have to make a stand if you consider there really is an issue.
        Have you ever seen a grown man naked?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
        X