• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying by Manager Contractor ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullying by Manager Contractor ?

I know sometimes managers tend to be difficult but I am facing a situation where the manager is taking things a little too personally and deliberately making things difficult for me. <Please dont make assumptions >

The problem is we both are contractors, he is more of "technical lead" sort of manager and has been around much longer than me.
    The guy who has hired me is a permie and has known me for a while as I have worked with him in the past. He sits above this contractor lead and is the main PM.

In a permie set up, I know what the options would be. But in contracting world not really sure ! the client can simply say f off to me or both. Their priority will be project delivery.

Thoughts? How to approach?

Find a new contract.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Man up.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

1. Punch up in the car park
          2. Knob his wife
          3. Key his car
          4. Head down, keep invoicing

Any or all of the above would be deemed acceptable.

Comment

Find a new contract, hand in your notice and very loudly tell him where to go when he's delibrate difficult. If it's the last day you can also punch him.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              2. Knob his wife
              3. Key his car
              4. Head down, keep invoicing

Preferably all at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                2. Knob his wife
                3. Key his car

Blimey, I bet resignations in your office are a blast!!!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Rather than listen to the morons, why not do something more realistic like grab a coffee with the guy who brought you in?

What evidence have you got that the technical lead is making it difficult for you? Could any of it be seen as your failure/inability to deliver?
                  Last edited by LondonManc; 31 January 2017, 11:00.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    What evidence have you got that the technical lead is making it difficult for you? Could any of it be seen as your failure/inability to deliver?
                    Plenty actually.

I was thinking from the permie PMs view. He would agree with me, but also think its none of his business. Just my thought

Comment

Working...
                    X