• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump is a disaster for Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Trump's trade adviser accusing Germany of currency manipulation . Looks like Trump wants a trade war with everyone apart from the UK.

https://www.ft.com/content/57f104d2-...c-082c54a7f539

Problem is Trump will ruin the US car industry by protectionism.
    When local producers have no competition they become sh!te.
    And American cars are already sh!te.
    There's a reason Chevrolets aren't coveted round the world like Mercedes and Audis. They're only going to become worse.

PS Acquantaince of mine has a Mustang. Nice sound and engine but so nasty and plasticky inside. far, far worse than a Hyundai.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Flip me, the whingers are out in force this morning.

Like the chorus from some Greek tragedy!
      We're making a point, you got one?
      Any idea at all about how Britain will thrive in 2/3 years?
      Like all intelligent people, I'm willing to change my mind.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        There's a reason Chevrolets aren't coveted round the world like Mercedes and Audis. They're only going to become worse.

PS Acquantaince of mine has a Mustang. Nice sound and engine but so nasty and plasticky inside. far, far worse than a Hyundai.
        The Koreans learnt from other nations the US car manufacturers refused to.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Same with the Tesla Model S I was determined to like. Love the technology, but despite being a luxury car with a luxury interior it looked tacky and toy-like inside. £100k car....

And it weighs two tons - two tons! It's not even that big, hardly any space......

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Flip me, the whingers are out in force this morning.

Like the chorus from some Greek tragedy!
            Certainly a tragedy is looming - well aside from Trump who is a tragedy already - but for once Greece isn't at the centre of it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Same with the Tesla Model S I was determined to like. Love the technology, but despite being a luxury car with a luxury interior it looked tacky and toy-like inside. £100k car....

And it weighs two tons - two tons! It's not even that big, hardly any space......
              Christ almighty! That's almost as much as Shauny's mobility scooter!

Comment

Well it's a pity that even if Brexit was the right idea, the timing has proved all wrong.
                Taking the charitable view and assuming that Brexit is Britain looking outwards to the world at large, it has come at exactly the time when the largest economy in the world is retreating into protectionism and isolation, most probably leading to a tit for tat trade war between the major economic regions.
                Brexit Britain will merely be caught in the crossfire.
                Anyone who thinks that Britian will thrive in that sort of environment needs their head examined.
                You talk like Brexit and Trump were independent events. You are aware of the worldwide rise of the right wing over the last 5 years? Trumps candidacy facilitated Brexit! It was a Fischer Spassky game 6 knight move that has shown who has a real position. The capitalists have taken the game. Your cause and effect is way off- you're more of a draughts man, I bet.

Comment

Nice sound and engine but so nasty and plasticky inside
                  As was the 'original'.

Comment

Like all nervous people, I'm constantly left having to change my mind.
                    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I really would not worry too much. I am getting more and more convinced that the Govt really don't have a clue. Lets see how things unfold once the talks start. I think as the reality of the UK's position starts to get clearer we'll see a fair amount of 'Positional adjustment' David Davies and Boris are realists, you only look at their past speeches, much as they want the UK to regain control of it's affairs they fully understand the risks of a 'Hard' brexit. I expect that the 'transitional deal' to be quite close to what we've got now, and it'll take at least half a decade to get a final deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X