• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Nighmare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    You should change your user name to Big Blue Train Wreck.

HTH.
    Haven't IBM already taken that name?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think you get to a point where failure becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

It's hard enough picking yourself back up when you're young but I'm 52 now and I reallyu feel I'm on life's scrapheap.

Oh well, at least it's only a short trip up to Clifton.....
      Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 31 January 2017, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Or you could try and look to the root of the problem.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You never know, I once did a technical test for a contract, answer a load of question on paper. Turns out I'm a ******* empty vessel without google and intellisense. But still somehow got the contract, sometimes you just have to be less worse than the next person.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            You never know, I once did a technical test for a contract, answer a load of question on paper. Turns out I'm a ******* empty vessel without google and intellisense. But still somehow got the contract, sometimes you just have to be less worse than the next person.
            Have you considered a career at The Samaritans? You shouldn't.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Have you considered a career at The Samaritans? You shouldn't.
              Let me just google for a reply to that.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Or you could try and look to the root of the problem.
                I think that's what he is doing, hence the "short trip to Clifton". Don't do it BBP, you're not a failure, even if you think you are. We all get dealt a tulip hand once in a while, it's called life. Forget about the crap interview, forgive yourself (v. important) and focus on the next one. If failure can be a self-fulfilling prophecy, success can be too.

PS - if you get the next one, I'm on 10% (no VAT for cash)
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just had a shocker.

One of those ones where your mind just deserts you and leaves you a gibbering wreck.

God, just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me.
                  What have you done?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    I call BS
                    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    And the winker still knew more about what was going on than you.
                    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Yeah it's a fair point.....

Comment

Just need Wilmslow and suity to appear and provide career advice now.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X