• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next Doctor Who will be a lady actor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Token?

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      The Odds

14-1 Olivia Coleman - lump on!

qh
      Probably not a bad shout to be fair. She'd be very good.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I've got such a problem with this 'the next actors has to be black/female or whatever' or 'it's about time' marlarky...

It's just wrong IMO and quite irks me when I see it. Why haven't we had a black james bond? Who cares? What I care about is getting the best actor to fit the role. If it's Idris Elba (which I think would be bloody great btw) then so be it. If the perfect guy at the time is white, then so be it. Idris would be awesome in the role because he would nail it. Not because he's chuffin black.

If they can find a terrific lady for the part of Dr Who bring it on. Don't look for a woman to fit the role. Look for the best character actor. Also don't make someone try fit the role that doesn't. If the Dr is an eccentric then it will be a man in a floppy hat that we all kinda relate eccentric men to. Don't stick a floppy hat on a woman and expect her to be in character. Make her whatever model eccentric ladies tend to be associated with is my personal opinion.

Anyway, bit serious for this thread so let's get back on topic.. Who's gonna make me a cup of tea and why don't we have Salma Hayek breaks anymore?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          The Odds

14-1 Olivia Coleman - lump on!

qh
          She certainly has the quirky look so would fit in the role as per my previous comment about character. That said everytime I see her I can't help remember her character in Broadchurch. Toe curling it was.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            She certainly has the quirky look so would fit in the role as per my previous comment about character. That said everytime I see her I can't help remember her character in Broadchurch. Toe curling it was.
            All that said we could do with someone with bigger boobs

Comment

All that said we could do with someone with bigger boobs
              Victoria Coren-Mitchell? She's intelligent and quirky enough for sure.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Victoria Coren-Mitchell? She's intelligent and quirky enough for sure.
                She's the poker player/presenter lady isn't she. Haven't really seen her much but appeared a bit dull the few times I saw her.

At first I mixed her up with Vicki Butler-Henderson but now I think about it shes a giddy kipper isn't she so would be fun.

Comment

I know who my money is on. She ticks all the boxes.

Doctor Who: Whoopi Goldberg wants a role | Den of Geek
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I know who my money is on. She ticks all the boxes.

Doctor Who: Whoopi Goldberg wants a role | Den of Geek
                    Ohhhh.. She's a woman and she's a black. The PC brigade will be creaming over that! She's a great character as well so good call... But... An American playing a quintessential English character? I can't believe they will go that far.

Comment

She's the poker player/presenter lady isn't she. Haven't really seen her much but appeared a bit dull the few times I saw her.

At first I mixed her up with Vicki Butler-Henderson but now I think about it shes a giddy kipper isn't she so would be fun.
                      David Mitchell's other half. First person to win two EPT finals as well IIRC.

That said, Mel Giedroyc could be a good shout instead - bit more to her and she's quirky enough.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X