• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next Doctor Who will be a lady actor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    FTFY.

Everyone assumes that their favourite musical hero of their generation will be remembered. Give it a few years and we'll find out who was really good, and who was simply tapping into the zeitgeist.
    Elton and Mercury have made some memorable tunes.

Adele will fall into that camp if she either lasts a few more decades or drops dead.

I wonder how many people will remember any thing or more likely want to listen to anything Lily Allen has made?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      DALEKS The time to conquer the world is now 12.30 to 1.30 weekdays, when Loose Women is on.

"Okey doke, I'm on my way...."

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        No normal woman with a brain watches that sh*t.
        What qualifies you to comment?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

FTFY.

Everyone assumes that their favourite musical hero of their generation will be remembered. Give it a few years and we'll find out who was really good, and who was simply tapping into the zeitgeist.
          Are you outing zeity?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

FTFY.

Yes, but don't you think that most of us have good memories about certain bands in our youth, that we know were crap but because there were good times with them we still rate them? (Hawkwind, Jethro Tull, Yes, I'm thinking of you here).

On that basis I once "did" a Phil Collins gig because the girl I was with at the time rated him, I really enjoyed it mainly because she was quite appreciative, really merc of me to be truthful. That was back in his first solo album days. Sorry I wish you were leaving or no jacket un ironed or summat...

But: I do recall Rush being spot on, every time I saw them, and Zep if you had the right influence, I remember going to a Ted Nugent gig and not being able to hear anything for about 4 hours afterwards that didn't sound like bells, but are any of therm really great musicians? I went to see Police before they were famous at the Limit club in Sheffield, they were crap then and remained crap. But they still have more money than me...

TBH, I saw Prince years ago. Now he was a musician. Most of his stuff was junk, but his live show? There was a talented guy. Do I listen to them now? Only when I'm driving a long way. And I need to be kept awake.

Comment

OMG!!!

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                No normal woman with a brain watches that sh*t.
                now we know not to bother you 12:30 -> 1:30 Mon to Fri then!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

listen to anything Lily Allen has made
                  I didn't have a clue about her and just checked youtube. Pretty rubbishy. Looks rather growly though!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I didn't have a clue about her and just checked youtube. Pretty rubbishy. Looks rather growly though!
                    Her dad shouted to Vindaloo hence I had to use her full name.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And here:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X