• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austria to ban full-face veil in public places

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is it because the UK is tolerant and believes in freedom of expression more than places like France and Austria where the state owns you?

Or because Austria has far more far-right fascists who will vote through this kind of thing, and far less veil-wearers to oppose it?
    What do the women want to wear?
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 1 February 2017, 07:16.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      What do the women want I wear?
      Walking round the Trafford centre the other day and lots of women covered head to toe.

At the same time thier husbands are wearing rapper type clothes Ali g style, one guy had his baseball hat on back to front with dude written on it. I actually like women and it was just very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Walking round the Trafford centre the other day and lots of women covered head to toe.

At the same time thier husbands are wearing rapper type clothes Ali g style, one guy had his baseball hat on back to front with dude written on it. I actually like women and it was just very sad.
        Unfortunately some of the women have got it into their heads if they are covered up like that then it shows they are more religious. The fact that the majority of Muslims in the countries their ancestors are from (including if they are Western converts) aren't Wahhabists is lost completely on them. The Saudis have a lot to answer for...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If the burqa or full-face veil is a symbol of female oppression, why does it matter if some women want to wear it and are prevented? Some women support FGM (in fact, without their support it wouldn't be so prevalent).
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            If the burqa or full-face veil is a symbol of female oppression, why does it matter if some women want to wear it and are prevented? Some women support FGM (in fact, without their support it wouldn't be so prevalent).
            Is that because they genuinely believe it has any benefits or is it because

1) they are dirt poor and stoopid and know no better
            2) they have been told by the 'insert important religious figure here' that they must
            3) it happened to them so they will inflict it on their children out of spite?

Surely any female who went through that would be 100% against it unless one of the above reasons is try.

Comment

Have you asked them?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Have you asked them?
                Regularly

He calls them up and with some frantic panting and shuffling asks 'What you wearing luv'

Comment

Lol
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The most tragic part of this story is that you were walking round the Trafford Centre.

Comment

It's nice to know you like women but in this scenario I think the women have the better deal in terms of fashion.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X