Austria to ban full-face veil in public places Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 108

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    How Luton, er I mean London, don't do this?

Source: Austria to ban full-face veil in public places - BBC News
    Kind of ironic don't you think, men who think leather shorts are cool telling women what they can and can't wear.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Is that because they genuinely believe it has any benefits or is it because

1) they are dirt poor and stoopid and know no better
    2) they have been told by the 'insert important religious figure here' that they must
    3) it happened to them so they will inflict it on their children out of spite?

Surely any female who went through that would be 100% against it unless one of the above reasons is try.
    It's a combination of 1)-3) wrapped up in a package marked "culture".

They aren't really aware of the side-effects.
    They believe that without it, no-one will marry them.
    They believe it is a matter of decency.
    They believe "well, it never did me any harm".
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Still gathering requirements...

amanwhoisquiet is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    one guy had his baseball hat on back to front with dude written on it.
    I completely agree with the banning of caps with the word 'dude' written on them.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Is that because they genuinely believe it has any benefits or is it because

1) they are dirt poor and stoopid and know no better
    2) they have been told by the 'insert important religious figure here' that they must
    3) it happened to them so they will inflict it on their children out of spite?

Surely any female who went through that would be 100% against it unless one of the above reasons is try.
    The strain of Islam sponsored by the Saudis, which more and more British mosques are coming under, is very anti-women. They also have this sort of conditioning drilled into them at an early age - western dress is bad, etc. so know no different. It's their normal, just like orange faces and white high heels is Essex's normal.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The most tragic part of this story is that you were walking round the Trafford Centre.
    #keeptrying

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
    I completely agree with the banning of caps with the word 'dude' written on them.
    I agree - I thought Ali-G was just an extreme character but no he was just reflecting our culture, ahead of his time.

Contractor Among Contractors

sal 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If the burqa or full-face veil is a symbol of female oppression, why does it matter if some women want to wear it and are prevented? Some women support FGM (in fact, without their support it wouldn't be so prevalent).
    what about MGM a.k.a. circumcision? yay or nay

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Interesting reading the comments.

Take our country back! They screamed. Suddenly we're all tolerant of immigrants.

Freedom and liberty of the host country must be observed in my opinion. If those freedoms don't match your expectations you should not be surprised when asked to adopt those of your host. I do the same when I travel being carful to understand the local customs.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Interesting reading the comments.

Take our country back! They screamed. Suddenly we're all tolerant of immigrants.

Freedom and liberty of the host country must be observed in my opinion. If those freedoms don't match your expectations you should not be surprised when asked to adopt those of your host. I do the same when I travel being carful to understand the local customs.
    You can read?!?!?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    You can read?!?!?
    Kanst du lesen auch?
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”