• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

India freaks out over U.S. plans to change high-skilled visas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Well, if we're outsourcing to India, The Donald might outsource to us
    The UK will be well positioned post-Brexit selling in GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Do you think the likes of Google are using a lot of dirt cheap labour from India so that they could save money on top US/World talent?
      no but loads of others who believe IT is not core to their business are.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Do you think the likes of Google are using a lot of dirt cheap labour from India so that they could save money on top US/World talent?
        Do you think Google are the only tech company in Silicon Valley?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Trump gets tough on offshoring. Next is the IBs conducting so much business in London that could be done in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            RACIST!
            Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It would be if I was talking about Indians, but I'm not. I'm talking about certain companies, like TCS and Infosys. So at worst, I'm companyist.
            If we got the cream of the Indians who go to America , as opposed to the 2nd raters who do drudge work for the likes of Tata and InfoSys, it would be good for the economy as a whole.
            On the other hand, some of the native CUK cretins wouldn't get a look in, if highly skilled competition increased.

More than just Pichai and Nadella: Indians now the biggest power players in silicon valley
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Shares in Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India's biggest private sector employer, plunged more than 5% on Mumbai's stock exchange, while other top firms like Infosys (INFY) and Wipro (WIT) fell by more than 4%.
              I wonder if the Trump bought some cheep shares only to sell them back after the rumor is initially dispelled and them still implement the changes...

Comment

That explains why my altcoins have skyrocketed recently.

Made a 27% gain in the last week alone
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Trump gets tough on offshoring. Next is the IBs conducting so much business in London that could be done in NY.
                  I think you're right.
                  He's already said manufacturing outside the US will incur tariffs.
                  Why not say profits made by US banks in London will incur the same?
                  It looks like his basic strategy is to tax US firms more highly if they provide jobs abroad rather than the US.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    If we got the cream of the Indians who go to America , as opposed to the 2nd raters who do drudge work for the likes of Tata and InfoSys, it would be good for the economy as a whole.
                    On the other hand, some of the native CUK cretins wouldn't get a look in, if highly skilled competition increased.
                    Hopefully, they may head to Germany give us CUK cretins a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Hopefully, they may head to Germany give us CUK cretins a chance.
                      The need *real* skills in Deutschland.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X