• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, Trump ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Trump ...

...I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe his campaign performance was just a tactic to get elected.
    But no, it seems he really is as he seems: a pig-ignorant, narcissistic bully, most probably with mental health issues

This isn't going to end well.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ...I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe his campaign performance was just a tactic to get elected.
    But no, it seems he really is as he seems: a pig-ignorant, narcissistic bully, most probably with mental health issues

I suspect that he'll soon figure that running a country isn't the same as running your own firm.

Comment

USA is going insular with "America First", the UK has voted for isolation and a backwards looking "Little England".

Lead the world?

This is the blind leading the blind down the pan.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In the US it's a funny fact that Republican presidents have raised state debt more than Democratic presidents.
        (One exception was Obama, but then he inherited the Great recession and every Western country raised its debt by record levels during this period.)
        I reckon Trump, to placate his voters, will spend even more.
        No one is addressing the real issue: how to make the bottom 50% productive in a modern knowledge economy.
        They want the benefits of the modern world but don't have the brains to get them.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

He is now taking on Mexico, China, Japan and the EU

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-america-first

This will be interesting.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Fascist playbook:

1. Tell the big lies
            2. Test the constitution by impinging on civil liberties
            3. Provoke a judicial, legislative, administrative or popular response to impingement of civil liberties
            4. Decry the response as hostile to the public and state interest
            5. Bring to a crisis point
            6. Suspend elements of the constitution for the duration of the emergency

Starting to happen quicker than expected.

Comment

He's doing what he said he was going to do - which is admirable.

But some of his actions are too extreme.

However, these executive orders will start to tangle, and the complexities of the job are bound to slow him in his tracks.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

In the US it's a funny fact that Republican presidents have raised state debt more than Democratic presidents.
                (One exception was Obama, but then he inherited the Great recession and every Western country raised its debt by record levels during this period.)
                I reckon Trump, to placate his voters, will spend even more.
                No one is addressing the real issue: how to make the bottom 50% productive in a modern knowledge economy.
                They want the benefits of the modern world but don't have the brains to get them.
                It is a beautiful Republican con trick to give massive tax breaks to the wealthy and portray themselves as fiscally responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  He's doing what he said he was going to do - which is admirable.

But some of his actions are too extreme.

However, these executive orders will start to tangle, and the complexities of the job are bound to slow him in his tracks.
                  He said he was going to create 25 million jobs. Lets wait and see.

I'm not sure that following through on stupid promises should be described as "admirable".
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Isn't that what you said about WTFH becoming a mod?

Comment

Working...
                    X