• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, Trump ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donald Trump's closest advisor Steve Bannon thinks there will be war with China in the next few years | The Independent

"Mad Dog" Matthis will sort them out.

Good old Steve:

The ex-head of Breitbart has in the past likened himself to Lenin, for instance. The Russian leader "wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment," he told a reporter from The Daily Beast
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Oh dear: Republicans change rules so Democrats cannot block controversial Trump Cabinet picks | The Independent

Now, there has been a lot of criticism of people who have likened Trump to Hitler and I can understand that as Hitler was a monster.....he was a murderer who was responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people. But, I have to say that people need to look at history to understand how things can happen very quickly.

1. Hitler started off with a minority of people supporting him. He vilified the Jews, making them hated within the country. He told the non-Jewish people that they are amazing, they are exceptional and tried to play on feelings of disenfranchisement. Trump has done the same, elevating people above others using Muslims in this way. He has played on stereotypes of Mexicans and this has led to the "build a wall" mentality.

2. Hitler played on people not uniting en mass against him. If you ask someone "what do you think of Trump", you'll hear them mutter that he is a horrible man, he has terrible ideals, that he must be stopped. But ask them what they have done.....have they done anything to stand against him and most people won't say a word. Hitler relied on this......occupy the most senior positions in the land with your friends and people will tend not to take action against you. (I know there have been demonstrations in America and I'm not detracting from what they have done).

3. When Hitler came to power, he made sure he was surrounded by people who would follow him no matter what. There was no one in his cabinet who would question his orders, no one at all. From the moment he took charge he silenced the press and created new laws which gave rise to "Führerprinzip"....which means that the Führer's word is above all written law. Trump has no one in his cabinet who wants to question him. Furthermore, he has just sacked Sally Yates because she told justice department lawyers to not defend his Executive Order banning entry to the nationals of the 7 Muslim majority countries as she felt it is unconstitutional.

4. Kellyanne Conway, the leading spokesperson for Trump, a couple of days ago launched a tirade against the media for the way that they have reported articles about Trump. Specifically she said "not one silly political analyst and pundit who talked snack all day long about Donald Trump has been let go". This interview came shortly after Stephen Bannon (of Brietbart) said that the media was the "opposition party" which should "keep its mouth shut". When Hitler took power, he controlled less than 4% of the 4,700 papers in Germany. He then outlawed the opposition parties and he censored the media so they only showed what he wanted them to show.......to me, Bannon saying the media should keep their mouths shut is the start of a desire to censor even if it's not an outright ban (at the moment).
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yes indeed a lot of parallels with Hitler, it must be said. Also is interesting is the manner in which he has dispatched those who would question him - very similar to Saddam except without the killings, you could call it virtual slaughter....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Yes indeed a lot of parallels with Hitler, it must be said. Also is interesting is the manner in which he has dispatched those who would question him - very similar to Saddam except without the killings, you could call it virtual slaughter....
          In the army, you'd be court martialled for disobeying orders, in business, you'd be fired for gross misconduct. Call it what you like, but she went against the executive orders.

Only 109 people were prevented from entering the US that day and they were from a total of 17 countries, not just the 7 named (of which Obama bombed 6 - didn't see you protesting that too strongly!)
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            That is scary but just not going to happen. China has a huge population but most are armed with pitchforks.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              In the army, you'd be court martialled for disobeying orders, in business, you'd be fired for gross misconduct. Call it what you like, but she went against the executive orders.

Only 109 people were prevented from entering the US that day and they were from a total of 17 countries, not just the 7 named (of which Obama bombed 6 - didn't see you protesting that too strongly!)
              I think you will find that 109 number fake news...

Amazing how you believe that the impact was relatively small. I personally know several individuals who have been affected so that would put that number at least an order of magnitude out.
              Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 2 February 2017, 09:09.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                ..a pig-ignorant, narcissistic bully, most probably with mental health issues

Are you related by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  I think you will find that 109 number fake news...

Amazing how you believe that the impact was relatively small. I personally several individuals who have been affected so that would put that number at least an order of magnitude out.
                  You're schizophrenic????
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I reckon USA trade deals will be something like "we send you stuff without a tariff. Anything you send us has a tariff and oh yeah we don't have to pay you for it either".
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      ...I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe his campaign performance was just a tactic to get elected.
                      But no, it seems he really is as he seems: a pig-ignorant, narcissistic bully, most probably with mental health issues

This isn't going to end well.
                      Yeah - I was hoping he'd be an ace in the hole. Turns out I was almost right.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X