• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: £50 bln divorce bill to pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    Yes we can and what are they going to do about it? When they present a properly audited set of accounts we may well ask for our share of the assets back so they should give us $50Billion++
    Audited accounts of Sky are not relevant to subscribers' obligation to pay in full contractually agreed subscription period with Sky.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Long term projects - German NHS needs it's £350 mln per week.

HTH
      I'm very please for them. We do too so they can go and do one.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        I'm very please for them. We do too so they can go and do one.
        But we already know that British NHS won't get promised £350 mln per week and British Brexit voters seem to be fine with that, EU however ain't mugs and they'll get their money in full, with interest, with aggravation penalty and full legal fees with bells on.

Comment

Long term projects - German NHS needs it's £350 mln per week.

HTH
          Er, Germany doesn't have an NHS and the UK soon won't have one, it'll be the USA HS (actually a lot of it is already owned by American companies) so I suspect the 'imaginary' £350 will actually be used to pay people extra health benefits so they can afford to get ill
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Audited accounts of Sky are not relevant to subscribers' obligation to pay in full contractually agreed subscription period with Sky.

HTH
            WRT the EU where's the small print that says if you leave we'll invent a figure, which we can't justify, that you'll pay and you'll also lose the benefit of payments already made? A big F Off is required here methinks

Comment

You'll need to explain in terms that those dullards can understand, ie:

UK signed up for 24 month Sky contract, it can't "exit" in the middle without paying for the remainder of the minimum contract.
              It is more on the order of "exiting" a 100 year mortgage early. Telling the bank that I'm leaving them and that I won't make good on the mortgage is not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Again - I don't have an issue with this - we should see out our financial obligations in this funding tranche (5-6 years?). I would expect that if this is funding things like R&D we should benefit until we cease payment.

What I do have an issue with is an extra charge for cancelling the policy early.
                Part of the obligation is the EU pensions for UK staff working there. You don't want to deprive Nige of his lifetime EU pension, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                  It is more on the order of "exiting" a 100 year mortgage early. Telling the bank that I'm leaving them and that I won't make good on the mortgage is not an option.
                  It always an option actually, just whoever does it should not be surprised if the bank wants to apply some penalties, possibly getting your legs broken...

Comment

Have you tried to cancel your mortgage early, before finishing repayments? The bank might have an issue with it.

No, that would be cherry picking - best plans ain't available on cheap PAYG basis for a reason.
                    Why do bremainers try to pick the most absurd analogy?

If its a Mortgage at the end I will own a property or have some equity So the EU can give me some property & cash when I sell up.

If its a Golf course then when I leave after giving required notice (Article 50) I stop paying unless the terms of notice include a defined leaving fee.

etc.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It always an option actually, just whoever does it should not be surprised if the bank wants to apply some penalties, possibly getting your legs broken...
                      Nice banks you deal with.

Mine just require decent notice and they give me back any equity, if as it appears the EU is worth less than I borrowed then I might owe them. Now is the EU essentially worthless as we all suspect???
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X