EU Doom City Boom EU Doom City Boom
Posts 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Super poster

    GB9 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mainly on a train
    Posts
    3,060

    Default EU Doom City Boom


  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,492

    Default

    Any other major member leaving will kill EU.

    So, any damage EU sustains is fine as long as UK is made an example of for other members - in this particular case UK will certainly lose more than EU - that's how EU will think, that's the only correct strategic option they've got left.

  3. #3

    Banned

    Bee is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Any other major member leaving will kill EU.

    So, any damage EU sustains is fine as long as UK is made an example of for other members - in this particular case UK will certainly lose more than EU - that's how EU will think, that's the only correct strategic option they've got left.
    If Marie Le Pen wins the elections will be the final stab.
    MLP is against EU.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    GB9 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mainly on a train
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Any other major member leaving will kill EU.

    So, any damage EU sustains is fine as long as UK is made an example of for other members - in this particular case UK will certainly lose more than EU - that's how EU will think, that's the only correct strategic option they've got left.
    Did you read the link?

    The EU's own report says that both sides will lose as much.

  5. #5

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    Did you read the link?
    Mostly gibberish, some kind of code couldn't understand it. I'm done with trying to read links.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    Well the report is not from the Guardian is it or is this an 'Alternative Fact'? It's like me saying this is from CUK: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...boom-city.html (BTW, the OP and his coterie of PFY and old men smelling of pee fans ought to read the original report to see that the articles written by the right wing press are twisting the words to fit their own agenda)
    “Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.”

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GB9 View Post
    The EU's own report says that both sides will lose as much.
    First of all, there is no way losses will be "as much" or in other words "the same", or even in the same ballpark.

    Secondly as I said many times strategic EU interests far more important than temporary losses - they will be more than made up over 5-7 years needed for relocation to Paris/Frankfurt.

  8. #8

    Super poster

    GB9 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mainly on a train
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    First of all, there is no way losses will be "as much" or in other words "the same", or even in the same ballpark.

    Secondly as I said many times strategic EU interests far more important than temporary losses - they will be more than made up over 5-7 years needed for relocation to Paris/Frankfurt.
    It's their own report!

    P. S. Looks like the few new jobs are going to Dublin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •