Regurgitating old news Regurgitating old news
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Super poster

GB9 's job has never been outsourced

Default Regurgitating old news

Seems to be a common Remnant theme. Currently popular are chlorinated chicken plus a £50bn exit fee.

The good news is that junker said it was £500bn the other day. So a decrease of 90%. Keep it coming.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Choosing not to pay.... I guess you'd know that if you default on your mortgage, you'll never get another loan again. From anyone. If you do it'll be at an expensive 'risk rate'. Will be interesting to see the UK's credit rating tank if they choose to ignore the invoice from 27 other countries
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Choosing not to pay.... I guess you'd know that if you default on your mortgage, you'll never get another loan again. From anyone. If you do it'll be at an expensive 'risk rate'. Will be interesting to see the UK's credit rating tank if they choose to ignore the invoice from 27 other countries
    You've not seen your bill for leaving the UK yet. You've had your hand in the pot enough, you can share the overdraft.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Contractor Among Contractors

tomtomagain 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'd be interested to see what was in this mythical "Bill".

If it's things like pension contributions for UK staff who have worked and have retired then I don't see continuing to fund it is an issue.

It's not like the UK would be handing over a single lump sum anyway. Far more likely it would be paid over 10 - 20 years.

My starting position would be that since we've paid for significant parts of the EU infrastructure, for example the EU Headquarters in Brussels we'll be keeping a portion of it.

Then I'd turn it into a giant Weatherspoons.

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    I'd be interested to see what was in this mythical "Bill".

If it's things like pension contributions for UK staff who have worked and have retired then I don't see continuing to fund it is an issue.

It's not like the UK would be handing over a single lump sum anyway. Far more likely it would be paid over 10 - 20 years.

My starting position would be that since we've paid for significant parts of the EU infrastructure, for example the EU Headquarters in Brussels we'll be keeping a portion of it.

Then I'd turn it into a giant Weatherspoons.
    Darn beat me to it, had the same idea 20 minutes later in the other thread.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.