• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regurgitating old news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regurgitating old news

Seems to be a common Remnant theme. Currently popular are chlorinated chicken plus a £50bn exit fee.

The good news is that junker said it was £500bn the other day. So a decrease of 90%. Keep it coming.

Choosing not to pay.... I guess you'd know that if you default on your mortgage, you'll never get another loan again. From anyone. If you do it'll be at an expensive 'risk rate'. Will be interesting to see the UK's credit rating tank if they choose to ignore the invoice from 27 other countries
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Choosing not to pay.... I guess you'd know that if you default on your mortgage, you'll never get another loan again. From anyone. If you do it'll be at an expensive 'risk rate'. Will be interesting to see the UK's credit rating tank if they choose to ignore the invoice from 27 other countries
      You've not seen your bill for leaving the UK yet. You've had your hand in the pot enough, you can share the overdraft.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I'd be interested to see what was in this mythical "Bill".

If it's things like pension contributions for UK staff who have worked and have retired then I don't see continuing to fund it is an issue.

It's not like the UK would be handing over a single lump sum anyway. Far more likely it would be paid over 10 - 20 years.

My starting position would be that since we've paid for significant parts of the EU infrastructure, for example the EU Headquarters in Brussels we'll be keeping a portion of it.

Then I'd turn it into a giant Weatherspoons.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          I'd be interested to see what was in this mythical "Bill".

If it's things like pension contributions for UK staff who have worked and have retired then I don't see continuing to fund it is an issue.

It's not like the UK would be handing over a single lump sum anyway. Far more likely it would be paid over 10 - 20 years.

My starting position would be that since we've paid for significant parts of the EU infrastructure, for example the EU Headquarters in Brussels we'll be keeping a portion of it.

Then I'd turn it into a giant Weatherspoons.
          Darn beat me to it, had the same idea 20 minutes later in the other thread.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X